XVI: The Past is Catching Up

(Cassidy's POV)

  "So you know I had to go to therapy yesterday because of you," I tell Chucky, putting on my shirt.

  "I know, I'm sorry, Princess. If I could have come back sooner, I would have," he says.

  I wiggle into my pants and put on my belt, then I grab my comb. "I know. I really missed you. Did you miss me?

  "Of course I did... Cass, I have a feeling I'm going to have to go back inside of the doll at some point." I finish my hair and look over at him. "What?"

  "Nothing it's just... I haven't heard you say my name in a while."

  "I guess it has been some time."

  "Yeah... what about the doll now?"

  "Where is it?"

  "Sitting in the closet. I gotta go now." I go over to kiss him. "Oh, and Chucky... thanks for not killing Danny. You're a sweetheart." I smile and leave for work. I don't know why he needs the doll again, but I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

  I was really tempted to ask him about that girl yesterday. She obviously knew him. I look at my phone before I pull off and I have a message from Danny.

  "Forgot to tell you I have Danny's phone now... He won't need it since he's just a koala." It's really from Chucky.

  "Good, you needed a phone. I'll see you later. Bye 💕." I text him back. Off to work.

  🔪

(Chucky's POV)

  A couple hours after Cassidy left, I left too. It's been too long since I've killed someone. I start walking, and I pass Madison's house. It's still covered in police tape. They never came to question Danny, so I was lucky.

  Of course, in the time that I was gone, I had to keep Taylor away from me. As far as she knew, I was Danny. But that's why I avoided her up until the day I came back. I trust that she won't say anything. Originally I was going to have Cassidy kill her if she didn't give Danny up to me, but things went smoothly and luckily for both of them, I didn't have to.

  I stole some money from Noland and Madison before I ran off. Between the two of them, I collected $965, and as of right now, I kind of want some food.

   I walk to the mall. I just had an idea. I can eat here, and I can buy something nice for Cassidy. After I decide on it, I get something to eat first. There's a Pizza Hut in here, so I'm gonna go have a pizza. I get In line to order the pizza. There's nothing specific I want, so I just get a pepperoni pizza. As I'm talking to the cashier, someone bumps into me.

  I have to learn to be somewhat people friendly, that's what Cassidy told me. "Hey, watch it!" I snarl. Too late. I try to correct my mistake. "Uh... are you ok?" The lady picks up her bag that she'd dropped when she bumped me.

  "Be rude and then ask if I'm alright," she says. "Some gentleman you are." She doesn't look up at me.

  "Yeah, well, you're the one who bumped me. You should be apologizing." Maybe I should use her as a warm up kill?

  "Ugh! You're all the same, aren't you? Men are such pigs."

  "Well what crawled up your ass and bit you?!"

  "You know what, you remind me of a guy I used to date: a loving ass-" she looks up at me, finally, and stands with everything she dropped. "Oh my god."

  "Holy shit, Tiff?"

  "So it is you, after all this time. Never thought I'd see your face again, and if I did, I always thought you'd still be 3 feet tall. You finally got out, huh?"

  "Yeah, I did. Twice. I was in another body before this one, but it got close to death so I had to leave it."

  "How'd you get them? And who is this guy?"

  "Well um... I had some help. This body belongs to the best friend of the person I got help from."

  "And who is that?"

  Why is it so hard to just tell her?

  "What's wrong? You think Cassidy's gonna catch you talking to me?"

  "How the hell do you know her?" My heart starts beating quicker. Shit.

  "Ah, so I was right. She came into my office the other day. A girl, light skin, brown eyes, ginger hair, probably about 5 foot something. She was struggling with depression after her boyfriend she met at a party got shot and died. His name was Chucky. I knew It was you, I just couldn't believe that this was where you went after all this time. You just left, didn't say anything."

  "Boyfriend? Ha, what? Nooo, I'm not her boyfriend. I'm just a boy who's her friend! Tiff, you know you'll always have my heart."

  "Oh really?"

  "Isn't this what you always wanted anyway? For you, me, and the kids to finally be humans? It may have gotten delayed, but I'm here now! Whatdoya say?" I anxiously wait for her to respond.

  "Ok, Chucky. I'll give you ONE last chance. But if you fuck it up this time, I'm done. Got a phone?"

  "Yeah."

  "Give It to me." She takes the phone and puts her number in, then she texts herself from it. "Ditch the girl, and I'll text you later where to come. It'll be just like old times, Chucky." With that, she walks away. Hate to see you go, love to watch you leave.

  Wait...

  Did I really just do this? Did I really just pretty much say fuck Cassidy? Fuuuck. Everything was going so well, too. But when Tiff came back I just... I don't know. It was like she reawakened everything we had together inside of me. Now, I want it back.

  But how can I break this to Cass? She's in love with me, it'll destroy her if I just go. Maybe I should... no, I can't do that... but just maybe...

  No. I shake the thought out my head, eat my pizza, and walk back home, or what is soon to be just Cassidy's home.