I'll always love her.

---Seth’s POV---

She read my mind. WHAT DID SHE SEE? She didn’t do it on purpose. I know.

Kaya: I got to go. I can’t be seen. Don’t tell anyone I was here. Don’t show anyone I was here. Please. I have to go. I love you Seth. Promise me you’ll be okay.

No. Please don’t go. This might be the last time I see you. NO, YOU’RE GOING TO SEE HER TOMORROW. YOU PROMSIED TO KEEP HER SAFE AND ALIVE. I nodded as she left my room in a breeze. Then I heard the door open,

Leah: Seth, you okay? I heard talking. Is someone in here?

Me: uh, no. I was just having a debate with myself. Imagining Kaya being here with me, by my side. I miss her Leah.

Leah: I know Seth. I miss her too. Don’t worry okay? We’re going to keep her safe. We have a few hours okay, you look tired. Get some rest. I’ll wake you up when it’s time.

Me: Thanks Leah. You get some rest too. You’re going to need your energy and speed.

I felt relieved knowing Leah was always going to be there for me and that she’s going to look out for Kaya. She doesn’t usually get along with anyone, but I think she’s changing into a better person. She stood up about to head out my door, till I spoke up.

Me: Leah,

Leah: yeah Seth?

Me: Promise me something?

Leah: anything.

Me: 2 things. 1: Promise me you’ll be safe tonight. 2: If Kaya does die, promise me you’ll help me move on.

Leah: I promise and I promise. I’m glad you’re willing to move on if she dies. She’d want you to move on.

Me: but I’ll always love her.

Leah: Forever.

She left my room and closed the door on her way out. I tried to imagine life without her. Kaya, being gone. Not being able to hold her in my arms anymore. Not being able to kiss her lips. Not being about to look into her eyes. Not being about to see her smile. If she leaves, I’m leaving too.

‘You’re not going anywhere Seth Clearwater’ I heard in my head. I know you don’t want me to read your mind, but I’m going to do all I can, to keep you safe when I’m gone. It was Kaya. When I’m gone, I want you to move on. I want you to be with another girl and be happy with her. If you ever miss me, during the day, go outside, look up and watch the sun. Then you won’t miss me anymore. My spirit will live in the sun. When you look at the sun, you’ll be looking at me. When you feel the sun on your skin, you’ll be feeling my warm embrace around you. I love you Seth and never forget that. I’m going to leave you to rest. Goodnight. Be safe tonight.

NO. I thought as I tried to talk to Kaya. But my head became empty. That was the last time I talk to her. Till tonight. I didn’t tell her I loved her. If I could get a chance to tell her that one line, I would take it. I started to doze off into a dream.

~~~Dream~~~

She’s been gone for 2 years. I can’t shake the feelings that she’s not here anymore. Every day, I would go to her grave and talk to her like she’s actually there. I would tear every time I would ask a question and never get a response back. Thinking about the last few things she told me. ‘If you ever miss me, during the day, go outside, look up and watch the sun. Then you won’t miss me anymore. My spirit will live in the sun. When you look at the sun, you’ll be looking at me. When you feel the sun on your skin, you’ll be feeling my warm embrace around you. I love you Seth and never forget that’ ‘I love you Kaya Aaliyah Hunt. I wish you were here. Your brothers are growing up to be nice young men. Kiona is becoming very beautiful. Every time I see her, I see you in her eyes. She knows what you did to keep her safe. They miss you more and more as the days pass. Mai is doing fine. But sometimes when I tuck in Kola, I hear her cry in her room. I sometimes hear Kwoli doing the same, but he refuses to let anyone know. I’m taking them out today. I’ll see you tomorrow, best friend.’ I got up and walked towards her house. I carried Kiona as Kwoli and Kola walked at my sides.

Me: where do you guys want to go?

Kwoli: can we go to the ice cream place?

‘Sure’ I said. I cringed when he said the ice cream place. The place where I met her. The place that changed my whole life. We arrived there and Kwoli, Kola, and Kiona ran into this store they wanted to see. I walked into the ice cream place. I looked around and saw this group of girls. I looked at all of them, but only one looked really nice and shy. I looked at her and I smiled as she smiled back.No. You love Kaya. Yes, but she wants you to move on. She wants you to do so. I refuse to love another girl. I looked away and I heard Kiona run from behind and I turned and caught her in my arms and lifted her. Just like the day I imprinted on Kaya. We ordered and we sat as far away from the group of girls so I can ignore her. I heard someone clear their throat as I looked up, and there she was. She was beautiful. She was tall, tan, fit, long hair, and had a nice smile. ‘Hi I’m Kayla’ I cringed at her name. Kaya…‘Are these your brothers and sister?’ She continued. ‘I’m Seth. And no. They are just family friends, but they are like my brothers and sister. Care to take a seat?’

Kayla: Seth, do you believe in love at first sight?

Before I could answer, the dream started to blur and I felt my body shaking as I heard my name being called. ‘SETH. WAKE UP. IT’S 10: 30. You have to get up and eat for the fight in an hour and a half.’ Leah said. I nodded and headed downstairs anxious as time kept ticking.