3:11

| THE AFTERMATH:CHAPTER ELEVEN |

| THE AFTERMATH:
CHAPTER ELEVEN |

"Hey, Vince. How are you gonna get that thing into the spirit world?" A confused detective Kinney had asked Vincent as Rhea and Kol silently entered Jardis Gris.

Before Vincent could reply, Kol spoke up, "Simple." The two men looked towards him upon hearing the new voice, "He's got to die."

Not recognising either of the newcomers, Kinney turned to Vincent, "Who the hell are they?"

Vincent gave him a look, Kinney took it as his cue to leave the three to talk in private and made his way outside.

"You're not going to blow up the ancestral well you yourself." Kol said matter-o-factly.

Vincent sighed, "Kol, whatever help you're trying to offer me, I'm not interested."

Rhea stepped forward, speaking for the first time, "I'm coming with you and this isn't me asking for permission. Besides, Davina's the one who bought me here."

"Davina's gone, Rhea!" Vincent all but shouted at her, he understood her grief but she needed to let it go— Davina really was gone.

"Parts of her still remain, fragments of her shattered soul bound to those she loved. I saw her. She's reaching out to me and I have to reach back, I need to see her and I need to say goodbye." Rhea informed the man, the crack in her voice told Vincent that she was in fact being deadly serious, "The ancestors have destroyed my family. Now, I won't rest until that freaky ghost limbo is ripped apart and their hold on this world is taken away. No one else will suffer at the hands of ghosts."

The emotions in her voice had gone from sad to angry in a matter of seconds and Vincent knew that her heart was in the right place, he just didn't want anyone else to suffer. Sighing, he grabbed his bag and walked towards the door. He paused, turning to look at the two, "Come on."

They followed him to the Lafayette cemetery, the reality of what they were about to do had set in— causing a tense atmosphere to arise.

Once they had arrived in the right tomb, Vincent got to work on preparing everything they needed, including a circle formed strategically on the floor.

Kol looked down at Rhea, "I'm coming with you, you know that right?"

Her eyes flew up to his, "Don't be stupid, Kol."

He squeezed her hand that was connected to his a little tighter, "I'm not letting you go alone, plus I have a few things I would like to say to Davina."