Chpter 7

He was the one who hurt me.

He made me doubt myself for so long.

He only felt guilty which is why he tried so hard so hard to show me the "good" in the world.

Well, NEWS FLASH, there is no good in this world. It's only made up of bad and slightly less bad. I'm tired of people trying to make me think that the world is good when it clearly isn't.

I can't stand it.

I walk into school like the a freaking boss. I pretend I have lots of confidence even if I don't because I don't care if anymore. Besides, the weeks almost over.

The first thing I do is go to my locker and my books. Just because I'm going to be doing whatever I want from now on, doesn't mean I'm going to throw away my education.

I slam my locker and head towards science. Just before I get in someone stops me. His blue eyes burn into mine and I want to hate him, but I can see how sorry he is.

He pulls me aside and that's when I notice he has no beanie. He looks cuter that way.

Focus Riley.

"What do you want?" I hiss.

He looks at me and I can see the regret in his eyes. "Don't let this make you into the person I was afraid you would become," the boy tries to reason.

"Too late," I spit at him while turning away.

"Wearing ripped black jeans and crop tops won't make you a different person. It won't change the past."

I look back and sneer at him. "I'm not changing who I am. I'm accepting the person I've always been on the inside."

I then walk in and sit down with Smakle. We're told that we're going to be doing an experiment and are handed the tools needed. Smakle starts to work on it and I reach over to help.

"Uhh, Riles, can I call you that, I don't want you to get in my way," Smakle grumbles in a shy tone.

I roll my eyes. "Smakle look at me." She does so. "First off don't ever call me Riles. And second, I don't care what you think about my scientific abilities. I like science and I think you need to move aside so you don't get in my way."

I see the shock pass over her face as what I said registers. She slowly lets go of the beakers, but she doesn't give me any room to work.

She whispers, "What if I refuse?"

I raise an eyebrow and lean towards her with my eyes narrowed. "You don't want to know what will happen."

I hear her audibly gulp from fear. She then moves over and takes notes.

I know I should feel bad, but it feels good to be taking the lead for once. To not be stepped on anymore. I'm finally someone that I want to be. Someone that my friends made me realize is necessary in this world.

I pour some water into the beaker and smile.

Get ready world because I'm finally a strong, independent girl and I won't ever let someone get in my way again.