Chapter 19

"Are you sure that blue sweater looked good on me?"

Maya and I look at her as if she's crazy. "It looked gorgeous on you," Maya insists.

"Yeah," I agree. "I wish I could rock something like that."

"Okay. If you say so," Smakle mumbles following us into my room.

Smakle took me up on my offer to go shopping. Of course we brought Maya along with us because why wouldn't we? We also decided that after our shopping spree we would have the guys at my place so we can all hangout, and maybe they can sleepover if they want.

"Just put your bags here," I tell them pointing to the side of my bed. "We'll probably hangout in the living room anyways."

They nod just as I hear the front door buzz.

We look at each other and race to the front. Maya gets there first and buzzes the guys up and we wait until they get to the door so that we can open it.

They get there and we open the door.

Zay and Lucas are both in their baseball uniform from another round of conditioning that luckily ended early, and Farkle has his usual beanie but not he same old black. Instead he has regular blue jeans and a plain white shirt with a dark blue jacket.

"Hey," Zay says.

"Hey," we say back.

They come in and we all sit on the couch. It's the first time I've ever had this many people in my house. I never thought that this could even be possible for someone like me.

Someone antisocial.

"Thanks for inviting us," Lucas says to me, "It's really nice of you to do."

I smile. "Of course. It's long overdue that we all hangout and I figure this was the perfect day to do it."

"I'm glad you did," Farkle says giving me a kiss on the cheek.

We sit down, with Farkle right beside me, around the coffee table unsure of what to do now.

After a second Maya fills the unwanted void for us all. "So you and Minkus here are official?"

We look at each other surprised. I guess we never really thought of putting label on what we are. I wait for him to say something, but he just shrugs to me. I do the same back and then look to the others.

"I mean, we like each other, but we haven't really named what we are yet," I try to explain.

Farkle adds, "But we definitely have strong feelings towards each other."

"That's good," Lucas says. "You guys both deserve to be happy."

"Thank you," I reply.

Next we just let the conversation flow.

We laugh and tell stories. Some of the these stories that we share make me wish that we had all known each other sooner. I bet we would've had so much fun on a trip to Texas or the mountains. Hanging out in Farkle's ginormous home or my simple, but magical, bay window.

I feel like we could've, and would've, been really good for each other.

After awhile Smakle turns in and Maya not long after. They go to my room to change and then crash on the couch. The two baseball players had changed into pjs at some point during our conversations and they crashed too.

And then there were two.

I look at Farkle and we move to the window so that we don't wake the others.

He takes my hand and says, "I'm really happy that things are working out this way."

"Me too," I answer. "I love everyone here so much. I feel like I'm a completely different person compared to... the incident from a couple weeks ago."

He nods happily and pulls me to his chest. "I love you so much," he tells while giving me a kiss on the forehead.

"I love you too," I say through a yawn.

"Guess you're not so much of a night owl now, huh?" the blue eyed boy teases.

I shake his shoulder gently and mumble through, yet, another yawn, "Whatever." I pause. "I found the next reason."

He doesn't say anything and I just keep talking. "I didn't have enough friends to support me like I do now. All of you guys have been here for me through so much and I can't help but think if I was like enough to have this sooner I would've been different."

Farkle stays quiet for a long moment then breaks it saying, "You're probably right, but at least we're here now."

I nod and wrap my arms around his shoulders and put my legs on his lap so that I'm sitting on him bridal style.

"Goodnight Riles."

"Nighty Minkus," I tiredly reply and then fall asleep.