Epilogue

I look at my friends as they jump into the lake for the hundredth time causing me to smile.

Our parents all pitched in to surprised us with a fun vacation at a lake house. They said it's our mid summer trip before we start senior year. All of us agreed that's fair and, well, here we are.

We've been swimming for the last couple of hours and I'm exhausted. Probably because I was up late talking to a certain someone.

"Are you bailing on us Goldie?"

Speak of the devil.

I turn over on my towel so that I'm now on my back and look at Farkle. He's dripping wet since he just got out of the water, and let me just say he looks hot.

"I'm just really tired since we were up late talking," I explain.

He sits beside me and states, "If you were tired you could've told me and I would've let you go to bed."

I shrug. "I wasn't that tired last night. Besides I like talking to you lot more than sleeping."

He laughs and nods knowing that he's been defeated.

I scoot over so that there's more space on the towel and he sits closer to me. Farkle wraps an arm around my waist and I put my head on his shoulder. I love how everything with him is so natural.

Looking up I see Maya pushing Lucas in for the second time. All of us laugh as he comes up looking both annoyed and flustered making us laugh even more.

I turn my head to see Izzy and Zay arguing about something yet again. Those two are just like siblings. Fighting over every little thing for little to no reason. They stop when Lucas splashes them.

It immediately turns into a splash war.

I smile and notice two gorgeous blue eyes staring at me.

"What?" I ask keeping my eyes on the rest of our friends.

I feel Farkle shrug against me making me turn to him. "Just say it beanie."

He smiles and says, "I just was just wondering what's on your mind. You look so happy staring off into the distance."

"I wasn't just staring off into the distance. I was looking at our friends. I enjoy watching everyone get along."

"I love how you take pleasure in the little things in life."

His blue eyes are making it hard for me to concentrate so I look down at his lips.

Big mistake.

He leans in and give me a kiss, and even though we kissed before every kiss is just like the first. It gives me a rush and these fluttery butterflies fill my stomach. No matter how many kisses, no matter how much time passes, I'm filled with my favorite feeling in the world.

Love.

We pull away when our friends start cheering us on. I put my face into his shoulder to hide my embarrassment. I guess no matter what my friends can alway make me feel that.

"You know, the next chapter in our lives is senior year?"

I reply, "Of course."

"Well it's going to be our year. Me, you and our friends against the world. I've been taught that together we can do anything."

"And together," I reply looking at the lake and then my guy, "We will."