-Dean x Reader: Help Wanted

'HELP WANTED'

The sign read as I stepped through the diner doors. It's been a couple years since I left Sam and Dean. I couldn't take the heavy duty work load that was put on us constantly. I couldn't stand being ignored by Dean because apparently I always did something wrong on the hunts we went on. Then there was this incident with a vampire killing me and Castiel bringing me back, so, I left and I didn't turn back once because I knew for a fact that if I went back, I would not hear the end of it from Dean. He was also being so rude to me for no reason so that just gave me the impression that I didn't belong there. I was never mean, or ignorant towards anyone. It was just so much to handle.

I tried to be a good person, a good hunter.

---

*time skips brought to you by Cas*

I walked up to the counter and sat down in front a woman behind the counter. She has brownish gray curly hair and blue eyes. She was absolutely stunning considering she is much older than me. "What can I do you for, darlin'?" She said as she wiped off the excess water on the counter. "I see you're hiring for a waitress position? I was wondering if I could apply for the job?" She smiled and put the rag down.

"Tell me about yourself...?" "Y.F.N, Y.F.N Y.L.N. Well, I'm Y.A years old. I am currently living in a cheap motel because I recently quit my old job and I had nowhere to stay. I'm a very nice person and I am really happy to accept the job because let's face it. . . I need money and you need someone to buss tables." She looked at me quizzically. "Well Y.N, welcome aboard." She smiled and handed me an apron. "You start tomorrow at noon. See you till then." She went into the back and I started towards the exit doors. I opened the door and started walking back to the motel. I sighed in relief.

____

*time skips brought to you by Cas*

A couple weeks later...

"Hi welcome to Shirley's Diner, what can I get for you today?" I said as I took out my pen and paper to write down the man's order. "I'll just have a chocolate milkshake, honeybee." His accent was odd. I think it was scottish? I could be wrong though. He wore all black. He was a little bald but he wore it well for the age he seems to be which was, maybe 45.

"Coming right up." We exchanged looks then I went to the milkshake machine and put a cup under the spout and held the button in until it was filled to the top. I put whipped cream and a cherry on the top. I picked up the milkshake then took it over to the man in all black. When I set the milkshake in front of him the bell above the door rang. "Looks like my associates are here." The man in all black said as he stuck a straw in his milkshake.

I turned my head towards the door and saw two people I thought I would never see again. I walked back over behind the counter and grabbed two menus for Sam and Dean. They sat across from the man in all black and they looked pissed. "Honeybee! Can I get two menus for my friends?" I looked at them and nodded.

I heard Dean say "Crowley, damn it! We're not friends for the last damn time!" I chuckled and grabbed two menus and put them in front of Sam and Dean. "What could I get you to drink?" I looked at Sam and he looked up at me and a look of confusion spread across his face. "Y/n?" I smiled then looked at Dean. "Y/n." He looked me up from head to toe. "So this is the dump where you ran off to? I can't say I'm surprised..." Sam nudged his brother and looked at me with worried eyes.

"Dean, you don't have to be such a dick." Sam said looking at his older brother. "No Sam, it's okay. I guess you can't fix ignorance over time. What do you want to drink Sammy?" He smiled and said water. I looked at Dean with a smug smile on my face. "I guess it's a pink lemonade for you pretty girl?" He had a plain expression and said water with gritted teeth. "Coming right up boys." I rolled my eyes and walked to get their drinks.