John Winchester x Taylor: A Change of Scenery

Requested by: Captain_Taylor

Warnings: Smut, Strong Language
____________

The bar was filled with smoke and noise. There were men and women all around me. Some were together, some alone. I would classify as one of the alone ones. I had a couple shot glasses filled with the classic Jack Daniels whiskey. It wasn't my most favorite drink in the world but it got the job done.

The sun had just set about two hours ago. The darkness outside just seemed to make it feel like it was one am. I took one shot of my whiskey, already feeling a little less of the edge I take another just to cool the firey pain that was held deep inside my chest. I heard the creak of the chair next to me and heard a strong rough voice.

"You alright Darlin? It looks to me you're having a rough time tonight." I peer to my right, taking in the sight before me. He was rugged with beard and all. His eyes were hazel but hooded at the moment. "Yeah well that's what happens when you let people walk all over you." Silence filled between us.

"I'm John." The man held out his hand for me to shake. I kindly accepted the gesture. "Taylor." He chuckled. "Can I buy you a drink Taylor?" I thought for a moment before looking at my whiskey, then peering back at John. "Yeah sure. Why not?" He turned away to get the attention of the barmaid.

"What are yah drinking?" He asked finally getting the barmaid's attention. "I was going to waste myself in whiskey all night but now that I'm thinking about it, how about a Red's Apple Ale?" John smiled, showing his straight perfect pearly white teeth. "Red's it is." He told the barmaid and also ordered a drink for himself.

"So tell me something. What's a gorgeous woman like you doing in a dirty bar all by your lonesome? If you don't mind me asking I mean." I turned in my seat, taking another shot of whiskey. "My boyfriend broke up with me. What about you? Hmm? What's a handsome man like you doing here?"

Our beers were set in front of us. John took a sip of his, then set it down onto a coaster. "Just passing through town. My kids are with their uncle for the weekend so I thought a trip by myself would do me well." He has children? How old could he possibly be? I mean he did have some grey hair but doesn't everyone thirty and up?

"Oh you have children? How many?" I asked taking a sip of my Ale. "I have two boys. One is ten and the other one just turn six last month." He smiled in joy that he was able to talk about his children. "What about you? Got any kids?" He asked taking a long sip of his beer.

"No, I'm only twenty three. I don't think I'm quite ready for kids yet. Kind of want to do some things before I settle down. What are your sons names? If you don't mind me asking." More people were starting to file into the already cramped bar. "The taller one is Dean, the other one Sam." John said pulling out his wallet, showing me pictures of his sons.

"They're adorable. Must be handfull I imagine but I'm sure your wife must help out as well." He let out a loud chuckle. "Oh you wouldn't believe all the trouble these two get into. Thick as thieves. I haven't been married in about six years. The wife passed when Dean and Sam were babies. House fire... It's tough. I miss her a lot."

I nodded taking in the new information. "I'm very sorry to hear about that John. Do you have a picture of her?" I asked taking another sip of my Ale. "Yeah here she is. Her name was Mary. I don't if I told you that." I smiled, she was absolutely stunning. "She's beautiful John." John smiled starring at the picture momentarily then placing it back in his wallet. "Thank you."

As the night progressed so did the conversation. It went from his sons to what I liked to do on the weekends to our sexual preferences. I swear if someone else was with us they would think we were friends since birth because of how open we were with each other. Currently, I was laughing at some crazy story he told about some dream he had of hunting vampires. He made it sound so real. We were so involved in each other that we barely got drunk.