Chapter 4 - Pets and Birthdays

Today at work was a little stressful since we needed to get everyday done today. It was all finished, but still. We had to rush. I'm on my way home and I can't wait to just relax. Let's just hope Jason's home too.

I pulled into the driveway and didn't see Jason's car. So he's either gone or he hasn't gone any where today and his car is still in the garage. I walked inside and heard the tv on which means Jason must be here.

"Jason!" I called for him.

"Come to the kitchen Mack!" He yelled back to me. This right here is something I love more than anything. Coming home to him. I put my stuff down and walked right to the kitchen.

I looked at him then saw a fish bowl on the counter with a small fish inside. I widened my eyes and looked over at him. I started to laugh.

"Wait you-you actually got a fish?" I asked giggling. He nodded and chuckled.

"You said you wanted a pet" I shook my head smiling. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his torso. He smirked down at me putting one arm around my shoulders.

"But you have to feed it too" I told him. He playfully rolled his eyes.

"I don't even know how much to feed that thing" he told me. I giggled.

"Have you ever had a fish? Like when you were a child?" I asked him. He shook his head.

"I've never had a pet. I mean one foster house had a dog, but I didn't stay in one house long enough" he explained to me. I frowned.

"Well now we have a fish" I said giving him a cheesy toothless smile. He smirked a little down at me. That's so sad. His child hood was sad. I'm glad I can make sure he's happy now. "What do you want to call it?" I asked him. He looked at me confused.

"We're gonna name it?" He asked. I bit my lip and nodded.

"Yeah babe you name pets" I said with a giggle. He nodded and looked over at the fish.

"Todd" he said then looked back at me. I just stared up at him confused, but with a little smile.

"Todd?"

"Yup" I smiled wider at him.

"Where do you get- you know what never mind" I said with a laugh. "Todd it is" I said then turned my back to him to walk upstairs, but I felt his arms slip around my waist pulling me back to him. I felt him plant little kisses on my neck.

"I miss you during the day" he told me.

"I know baby. Only a few more weeks till I can leave at 1:30 instead of 4" I explained to him. I turned around in his arms looking up at him. "Last night was amazing. Thank you" I said smiling. He smiled down at me.

"Of course baby girl" he leaned down and kissed me. "So you're coming with me tonight right?" I looked up at him confused.

"What's tonight?"

"Meajors house for his birthday" Jason reminded me. I sighed.

"Yes I completely forgot because of work and everything. Yeah I'm coming" I told him. He nodded.

Meajors not a big part of the gang. He's one of those guys that are there if needed. It was always like that since he lived here in Canada while we lived in the US. But now that we are in the same town, he's always around us now.

I feel like he's different than the rest of the gang because he doesn't try to act like he owns the world and like he's an asshole all the time. He's a happy guy who's actually really nice. I love that him and Jason are good. "What time again?"