Chapter 37 - He Told You?

"If I'm being honest, I thought I had to babysit a child" I told Mikey as I did my paper work. I heard him laugh making me look up at him.

"That's funny. She didn't tell you how old I was or anything?" He asked. I shook my head. He smiled.

"All she said was that her kid would be in the office for a few days before they go to California on a trip" I told him. He nodded.

"Yeah I'm going to cali so she wants me here so I'm close to her when she has time to be with me"

"Why are you going to California?" I ask as I looked down at my papers to continue working.

"I have friends out there that want me to visit so I'm going to go for a little. I love it there" he told me. I smiled. California is a nice place.

"you seem a bit young to be working here" he told me. "How old are you anyway?"

"I'm 20" I told him and he looked shocked.

"Damn" I nodded.

"How old are you?" I asked back.

"19" 

"Wow. I thought I would be stuck with a 12 year old or something" I admitted. He laughed.

"Well you got someone almost your age." He said. I nodded. I went to talk, but my phone started to ring. It's Jason.

"Hey babe" I answered the phone.

"Hey sweetheart how's the kid in the office?" He asked me. I leaned back in my chair.

"Not bad. I'll tell you all about it later though" I told him.

"Oh wait are you with them right now?"

"Yes. How was the meeting?" I ask.

"You know the usual. I didn't punch anyone" he told me jokingly. I laughed.

"Well that's good"

"I don't like that you took an uber there so I didn't have to drive you" he told me. I sighed.

"Well baby listen I couldn't find my keys and you can't drive me everywhere. It's been a little while since the incident and I really don't think it will happen again" I explained to him. I looked up to see Mikey looking down at his phone. Maybe I shouldn't keep talking about this.

"Jase can we talk about this later? I'm kind of busy and I have company in the office" I said.

"Yeah of course. I'll be there at 8. Love you"

"okay I love you too" I hung up and looked over at Mikey. He looked up at me too.

"Boyfriend?" He asked.

"Husband" I answered and his eyes widened.

"You're married? You're 20" he said in shock.

"I got married right before I turned 19" I told him and his jaw dropped as well. I started to laugh. "It's a very very complicated story, but it's all worth it because he's the love of my life" I explained to him.