Chapter 53 - A Nightmare

Today is the day that the gang has to deal with another gang. The gang that Jason was scared would do something. Jason never ever gets scared of anyone or anything. So I am freaking out.

I'm at the gangs house with Ryan right now. Gigi is upstairs sleeping. I don't know how she can just take random naps after sleeping ten hours. I also don't know how she's not freaking out. I think I may be the only one freaking out though.

I keep walking back and fourth in the living room. There is no way I could sit still right now. Ryan is just getting nervous watching me, but I don't care. God for bid if my husband is out there hurt or struggling or anything. I am so scared.

"You're making me sweat. Just sit down" I heard Ryan's voice. I glared at him and rolled my eyes as I continued walking around the living room. "Come on Mack, he's Jason McCann-" I cut him off.

"Why does everyone, including him, use that excuse? It's just his name-" now Ryan cut me off.

"You do realize that your husband is one of the most wanted criminals and has killed many many people and has gotten a way with nine-eight percent of them and has broken out of jail three times already" Ryan said making me feel a little better. I nodded as I stopped walking.

"Okay yeah. You have a point" I said agreeing, but I didn't sit down.

"Come on" I walked over to the couch and sat down.

"It's just he was worried. He's never worried about anything" I told him as I looked up at him.

"I think he will be okay. I truly do. I'm not just saying that to make you feel better. I believe he will be fine" he told me. I nodded and leaned back against the couch. I need to breath. It's so difficult though. I stared at the wall. I wish I could just see him.

***

I looked up quickly as the front door flew open. I was about to ask if the mission went well like planned, but they all look like they are going to cry... I've never seen them like this. These gang members about to cry? I looked at them all again to see one of them missing. Oh no...

"Where's kade?" I asked standing up. Most of the boys left the room just making it me, Johnson, and Cameron. Cameron sat on the couch and stared into space. I saw him wipe his face as a tear came down. Don't tell me...

I looked up at Johnson who looked at me too. "Where is he? Is he okay?" I asked Johnson. He sighed and shook his head. He shut his eyes and took a deep breath before opening them again. "No... don't tell me he-" I didn't finish as he nodded his head. I gasped in shock.

"He was shot"

Kades dead? How did they let that happen. Oh my god where's Jason. Kade was like Jason's little brother and they were so close. I ran into the back yard to see Jason covering his face and it looked like he was breathing heavily.

"Jase I'm so sorry" I said quietly as I got to him and started to rub his back with one hand as the other was on his shoulder. I heard a sob come out of him. My heart broke to hear him cry like that.

In our three years of being together I have never heard or seen him cry till now. He moved his hands and faced me. His face all red and wet from crying.

"Come here baby" I said softly as I opened my arms. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders as I wrapped mine around his torso. I felt a tear drop onto my neck. I felt tears start to fall from my eyes. I can't believe he's gone. I took a deep breath and shut my eyes. Jason pulled away and rubbed away his tears.

"I'm fine" he said quietly and crossed his arms. He looked away from me.

"No you aren't babe. No one is right now" I said back and wiped his cheek. He looked back down at me.

"I don't think I can deal with this" He said as he looked at the ground.

"I know" I said back. "Come on it's really cold out. Let's go inside" I said to him. He nodded and bit on the inside of his cheeks. I turned around and we walked back inside. I sighed and wiped my tears as we got to the living room. Holy shit. This is terrible. This isn't okay.