Chapter 29 - Did You Know I Exist?

Today at work wasn't as bad as it was suppose to be with the people coming in to see our place and what we are working on. But I got to leave early, thank god. I wasn't really in the mood to be back there since I got attacked in the parking lot two days before.

As I pulled up to my house I saw a black SUV parked in front of the house. I got out of my car and saw a driver sitting in the front seat looking down at his phone. Who could possibly be here?

I walked inside my house and saw no one in the living room. I heard no voices, but I heard a cabin close in the kitchen. I walked into the kitchen and saw Jason standing there looking out the window with his hood on.

"Hey who's car is that outside babe?" I asked him. He turned around and had his sunglasses and hat on too. Something seems a little off. I went to talk and he laughed.

That's not Jason's laugh. A confused look washed over my face. The sunglasses came off to reveal the blue eyes of Jason's brother. I laughed a little.

"Hi Justin" I said shaking my head.

"Thought I was Jason, huh" He asked and I nodded smiling.

"I had no idea you were coming" I said leaning against the counter as he did.

"It was kind of a last minute thing. I wanted to come see everyone. I haven't talked to anyone" he told me. I nodded.

"Where's Jason?" I asked him.

"Backyard" he answered. I walked over to the window to see him in the back yard talking to some girl. She's got a model figure with long brown hair. I watched as Jason said something making them both laugh. Seeing him laugh with another girl made something turn in my stomach.

"Who is she?" I asked. But before he could answer, I walked out the door without giving him time to answer. They both turned to me. I gave them a fake smile.

"Hey Mack" Jason said as I got to them. I looked over at the girl who had a smile on her face. I reflected a fake one back.

"Hi Mackenzie McCann" I stated my name and she pushed her hand out for me to shake mine.

"Brittany Collin" She told me as we shook hands. "I'll let you two talk" she said while looking at Jason then back at me. "I'll be inside" she said giving us another smile before walking inside. I turned to Jason. He chuckled and shook his head.

"What's so funny?" I asked crossing my arms. Who was that girl? He smiled.

"The jealously when you stepped out of the house" he stated. "Mackenzie McCann" he mocked me as he said McCann louder like I did. I rolled my eyes and he laughed again.

"Who was that?" I ask.

"Justin's fiancé" he told me and I felt embarrassed. He laughed and grabbed me by the waist pulling me to him. I laughed and shook my head. "Awe babe!" He said before kissing my cheek over and over again. I laughed and he stopped. "You were jealous" he stated with a cheesy smile.

"No" I lied.

"Yeah" he said dragging out the word.

"Yeah" I agreed and nodded my head making us both laugh. I kissed his lips then laid my head on his chest. I felt him kiss the top of my head. "I had no idea he was engaged or even had a girlfriend" I said as I looked back up at him.

"Yeah I'm just meeting her today too" he told me. I nodded then pulled away.

"Let's keep our company some company" I joked making us both laugh a little. He held my head and followed me into the house. I completely embarrassed myself, but how was I suppose to know she was with Justin.