Chapter 6 - Please Don't Go

"Is this about Ardren?" I ask making his head shoot up.

The look in his eyes was fear. Something I've only seen once in his eyes when we fought. He had mixed emotions in his eyes of fear, angry, and confusion. Not sure what he'd say next by the look on his face...

"What did you just say?" He asked as he put the plate back down on the counter and stood up straight. "Did you just say Ardren? How the hell do you know about that?" He asked me confused. I sighed.

"Johnson called looking for you and it slipped out so I asked him about it" I told him.

"You shouldn't have to know about this Mackenzie" he said and I saw the anger in his eyes as they got darker. "Why did he tell you?"

"He figured I would already know. He thought you had already told me and I thought the same thing" I said kind of annoyed. He rolled his eyes.

"Like I said, you shouldn't have to know about this"

"And why not?" I ask crossing my arms over my chest.

"Because I know you and all you'll do is worry and freak out" now I rolled my eyes making him groan of course. He could roll his eyes, but I'm not allowed to roll mine.

"Of course I'm going to worry. I'm your wife and I don't want you to die. I love you" I stated and looked down at my fingers as I played with them. I saw Jason's feet in front of me and he lifted my head with his two fingers under my chin.

"Angel I love you too. I'm safe. You're safe. Don't worry about what's going on with the gang. We're gonna have it handled" he said staring right into my eyes making me feel better and safe. I nodded and he leaned down and placed his lips on mine softly. I pulled away since I have to go to the bathroom.

"I'll be right back. Can you feed the fish?" I asked as I started to walk away. I heard him groan making me laugh.

"I guess!" He yelled back to me. I started to do what I had to do then I heard Jason's voice, but wasn't sure what he said. "Babe!" I heard Jason yell. The sound in his voice sounded a bit like he had just down something wrong. Oh god.

"Hold on!" I said as I washed my hands quickly.

"You're going to kill me!" I heard him say back. I groaned.

"If you broke another dish I swear-"

"It's not that!" I dried off my hands and quickly walked out of the bathroom. I saw Jason walking over to me with the fish food in his hand.

"I-uh" he stopped himself because he started to laugh a little. I looked at the fish food and my jaw dropped.

"Jason why is half the food gone?" I asked him. He gave me a cheesy 'I'm sorry' smile. I walked into the kitchen to the fish bowl to see half the food in it. "Jason!" I turned to him with a shocked look on my face. "What happened?!" I asked with a little smile on my face.

"I went to pour a little in without me having to put my fingers in the shit and it all poured in" he explained. He bit his lip trying not to laugh. I fake pouted.

"You killed our fish!" I joked. "One day Jason. We had the fish for one day!" I said holding up my index finger showing a one. He pushed down my hand and grabbed me by my waist. I giggled, but tried to stay pouting. He mocked me then pecked my lips.

"Oh forgive me for killing your pet you had for less than twenty-four hours" he joked back. I let the pout go and smiled slightly. "Let's go flush it then watch a movie" he suggested. I rolled my eyes, but nodded. "No" he said to me about how I rolled my eyes.