Chapter 24 - Two Words

"Hello?" I yelled as I walked into my house. I put my bags down near the stairs and didn't hear a sound in the house. I walked over to the garage door to open it and see one of Jason's cars gone. So he's not home. Maybe he's with the gang.

I walked into the kitchen and sitting down on the couch so happy to be back home. As much as I loved being back in my hometown, I missed this home too. I pulled out my phone and I dialed Johnsons number and waited.

"Hey Mackenzie" Johnson answered.

"Hey is Jason at your house?" I asked him.

"No. I'm sure he's at the club like every night now. You home?" He doesn't go to the club every night, but has he?

"Yeah just got to the house. He's been going to the club every night?" I ask.

"Yeah. Kade thinks that Jason's just trying to drink away that fact that you might want to leave him" he told me and I groaned.

"I don't want to leave him!" I complained. I heard him chuckle. "I never even hinted at leaving him. I was just so pissed I wanted to go somewhere else" I explained to him.

"I know kid, but you know how McCann is" he informed me.

"Oh I do" I said and we both chuckled.

"Well if you want to get him, I'm sure he's at the club"

"Okay thanks Johnson" I said then hung up. I stood up and quickly grabbed my keys. Time to get my man.

***

I stopped walking around the club and looked around. Where would he be sitting if he's not where he usually is? But then I remembered there is a spot where he could be. I pushed through everyone again and that's when I saw Jason sitting where I figured he would be. I watched him finish his drink and look around. He looks like he's in deep thought as his friends around him are carrying on with their conversation. As I got closer, his friends noticed I was here and all smiled at them.

"Oh!! Look who it is!" One of them said.

"She look mad McCann you better be careful!" Another one said. I rolled my eyes, but then gave some of them a toothless smile as they said hi to me. I looked over at Jason and he was looking at me confused.

"Get up" I demanded pissed off.

"Oohhhhh! You a dead man McCann!" One of the guys messed with him. He glared at them as he got up and walked over to me. I just looked at him then I moved past everyone trying to get out. I knew Jason was still behind me following. We got outside the club and I grabbed my car keys.

"When did you get home?" He asked me confused as we walked to my car.

"Half hour ago" I told him.

"What about my car?" He asked as we got to my car.

"I got that covered. Where are your keys?" I asked him. He took them out of his pocket and handed them to me.

"I'm fine to drive" he told me. I walked away from him and saw Travis leaning against Jason's car still.

"Got him?" Travis asked me. I nodded.

"Thank you" I said as I passed him Jason's keys then walked back to my car and got in. So did Jason. "Where are my keys?" He asked me.

"Travis has them"

"Travis? Wait why can't I drive?" He asked me. I rolled my eyes.

"Jason just relax okay" I told him and just kept driving. I just want to go back home and relax. For some weird reason, Jason stayed quiet too. So for the whole car ride it stayed like that. Getting home, I jumped out of the car and knew he was trailing right behind me into the house.

"Can we talk now?" I heard him as I put my jacket away. I sighed and faced him.

"I just got you from a club and you've been drinking. We can talk tomorrow" I said honestly.

"I only had a few drinks babe" he said and I crossed my arms. "You can tell I'm fine so obviously that's not the reason you don't want to talk" he took a step closer to me. I looked down and sighed then looked back up at him. He was looking at me like he was trying to figure something out.

"I just don't want to deal with it right now" I lied. I just want him to say sorry and for him to say something to make me forgive him and feel okay again. He hasn't said it once so I don't want to talk about it now. I'm just going to be stubborn and I don't care how mad he gets. I sound like a kid, I know, but I play this game better than anyone else to get what I want.

"Oh sweat heart, I see right through you. You love me. You missed me. Obviously you wanted me since you pulled me out of the club. But now you don't want to talk. I see the game you're playing. You want to make up with me. Just like I do with you" he said as he took some steps so he was less than a foot away from me. I looked up at him with my arms still crossed. "I know you want to talk" he said quietly. He smirked. "Don't play this game"

"Then say what I want to hear" I said back quietly. "Two words Jason. I'm surprised you haven't even said them yet"

"Well I was getting there. You see I had a whole thing to say to you with those two words, but you want to play a game"

"A game that you'd lose" I said and he leaned in a little bit. I didn't bother to move. I do want to talk with him, but how come he can't say sorry? I'm back home and in front of him.

"There's no winning or losing. No one can win this game. When I say it, we both win. We get our significant other back" he said smirking. He's right. He has a point. I'm just being stubborn and not thinking right since I'm so tired.

"Yeah. You're right" I give in sighing.

"Now can I say those two words and say what I have to say without you being stubborn?" He asked almost begging. I nodded. "Angel, I'm sorry. I don't even know where to start honestly, but you leaving for those just three days made me realize I really really can't live without you and how big of a mistake I made. I shouldn't have let you go. I shouldn't have pushed you like that. I know it hurt you. I shouldn't have screamed at you like that and I shouldn't have accused you of cheating when all you do is care for me. I'm so so sorry Mackenzie" he finally said. I nodded again.

"You did hurt me" I said quietly. "I know you must think that you didn't push me that hard, but you did. You don't know your own strength" I explained. He sighed and nodded.

"I know. Babygirl, I'm sorry" without saying anything, I just wrapped my arms around his torso laying my head on his chest. I felt his arms go around me tightly.

"I love you Jason" I said quietly, but enough for him to hear me. I felt him kiss the top of my head.

"I love you too"

"I wasn't going to come home for a few more days, but you're birthday is in two days" I told him as I looked up at him. He smirked.

"No I'm happy you came home now. I don't want to spend my birthday without you" he said causing me to smile.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_