Call From Dr. Thaylus

Bear's POV

Reese halted as he heard his phone vibrating. He took it out and fumbled to open it so that he could see who was calling him. He didn't recognize the number but Finch was notorious for collect new phones so it wouldn't surprise him if Finch had bought another with his endless supply of money.

He opened his phone. "Hello?"

"Hello John," murmured on voice on the other end. It was as smooth as honey and had a sinister twinge to it.

"Who is this," Reese demanded, his patience running out.

"This is Dr. Mark Thaylus," the man replied coldly. "I believe I have something that you need."

He shuffled around and handed Finch the phone. Finch held it between his shoulder and ear weakly. "Mr. Reese," he rasped as he struggled for breath. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine Finch. I think you're the one in danger," he pointed out as he tried to determine where Finch was.

Finch tried to raise his hands from the chair. "Mr. Reese don't come and find me. I'll be fine." He suddenly blacked out and dropped the phone. It fell into Dr. Thaylus's hand.

"He won't be alright and you know that," he chuckled as he patted Finch's back. "I've injected him with a neurotoxin. If I give him another dose he will die."

Reese struggled not to keep the fear from his voice. "Don't. I'll do whatever you want," he told Dr. Thaylus as his voice rose to yell. "I have the money if that's what you want. What do you want?" He was rambling and he knew that he was rambling. However he made no effort to try and stop.

Dr. Thaylus laughed sinisterly and snapped his fingers. A large animal lumbered forward. It wasn't a dog though or a cat, it was a black panther.

My eyes widened in shock. I didn't even know that humans could keep panthers in the city but with New Yorkers it didn't surprise me.

The panther suddenly lunged at me and raked her claws against the bars of my cage. I fell backwards and and she hissed at me with her hackles rising.

"What do you want," I asked her as my tail lashed. I gazed into her face and saw that one of her eyes were missing while scars scratched her muzzle. "And who are you?"

The she-panther lashed her tail. "I am Baghera," she introduced as she dipped her head. "And I don't want anything."

"Then why did you capture me," I wondered as I stretched my head back toward Baghera. "There has to be a reason.'

Baghera lifted her head and showed me her shoulders. "He forces me, Bear," she confessed heavily. He injects me with his chemicals. I do what he says so he doesn't kill me."

"Fine. Meet me in two hours at my office with the drugs." Dr. Thaylus hung up with Mr. Reese and threw a glance toward Baghera. "Get the heck into your crate you pathetic cat!"

Baghera obeyed and she slunk into her crate. She wrapped her tail around her paws and when she closed her eyes she looked like a pure black cloud. Dr. Thaylus locked her cage and grabbed his lab coat before he rushed out of the underground room. He then wheeled Finch, who was sitting into a rolling chair and wheeled him out of the door. That left just me and Baghera.