Medical Attention

Bear's POV

I awoke a little bit later and I saw a nice veterinarian standing over me. She smiled and stroked my head gingerly. "Hello little one. I see that you've gotten shot."

I let out a whimper of acknowledgment.

She placed a few gloves on her slick hands. "Well you are lucky. It was just your shoulder flesh and I can easily repair that."

I turned my head and I looked to see Finch and Reese standing across from me. Baghera was on her own table with a tube down her throat. I stretched out a paw toward her.

Finch stretched out his own paw and brushed mine. "She's fine," Finch assured as he looked over to Baghera. "They found a few er heart issues with her though and now they have to do extensive surgery to save her life. I'll pay for it of course since I know how much she means to you."

If I could have thanked him I would have. I just managed to wag my tail and the vet beamed back down at me. "She has a few glass shards in her body but those are simple extractions too. You'll both be fine and back on your paws in no time."

She then turned and grabbed a long needle.

My eyes nearly bulged from my head and I began to thrash around. Reese and Finch both had to struggle to hold me down. The vet looked at them in shock. "Did I do something," she asked a bit nervously.

Reese shook his head and he flashed his handsome smile. "It's been a very difficult day," he confessed.

The vet nodded before she vet shoved the needle into my haunch. I suddenly felt myself feeling very sleepy.