Saying Good-bye, Just for Now

Bear's POV

I stood with my shoulders braced, wind buffering my fur. Baghera sat beside me with her own black fur bristling against the cold. Snow was drizzling around us but since we both had thick pelts it didn't bother us.

"This is the place," I breathed I as I gazed at a smaller Panther Sanctuary owned by an older women. The panthers could come and go as they pleased which sounded dangerous but rarely did any of them leave, they were treated very well. "I'm sure you'll like it."

She dipped her head. "I think I will too but that doesn't mean I'm anyless nervous." She rose to her paws and stretched out. "But I can leave anytime so I will be able to visit you and help you on cases."

"I'd really appreciate that Baghera." I stretched out my head and I touched my nose to Baghera's and she purred fondly. "I'm really going to miss you until I see you again."

"It won't be long," she pointed out jokingly. "You know that I can't stay cooped up for too long!"

I chuckled at her joke. "Well you are always welcome with us." I wagged my tail. "I also wanted to thank you for saving my life."

She nudged me playfully. "You saved mine too! As did your owners. One day perhaps I can save their lives."

"I think they would appreciate that,"I pointed out before I took a step back as I heard Reese's call. "I er have to go."

Baghera dipped her head. "I understand. Good-bye Bear and thanks for everything."

I turned and looked at Baghera over my shoulder. "Good-bye, Baghera. May Lupus light your path."

I surged forward and yipped at I stopped at Reese's side. He looked at Baghera before he urged me forward. "Come on boy, it's time to go home."