New Number

Finch leaned forward as the machine presented him with a new number. "Mr. Reese we seem to have a new number."

Reese grunted as he forced himself to his feet. He ached all over but he wasn't going to let that stop him from helping someone who could be in a life or death situation.

He meandered over and looked at the screen. "Olivia and Matthew Oak. Darcy's parents," Reese murmured. "Why are they new numbers?"

Finch's eyes darkened. "I think we both know." He stood up and pinned their picture beside their daughter's. He then pointed to Dr. Thaylus. "He must be planning to kill them because of what they had accused him of."

"So he's seeking revenge," Reese murmured as he turned toward the door. "I should get eyes on them."

"But Mr. Reese you're injured," Finch argue as he spun around to face him. "You're in no condition to work."

"We don't have a choice Finch," Reese argued as he gingerly placed on another bullet proof vest. He grabbed a few pistols and loaded them.

"What about Fusco or Carter," Finch suggested as he limped to Reese's side. "They would be more than ready to help."

"I can do this," Reese argued as he trudged forward, agony clear on his face with every step. Reese was stubborn though and he wouldn't listen to anyone else after his mind was set.

"Be careful, John."