Mind Melting

¤ ¤ ¤

"Hullo Janna" Harry responded as he watched Janna hop off the wall-which seemed quite high to him since he was quite below average in height compared to Janna who was nearly as tall as a thirteen year old and as lean as a cedar tree-"do you have everything?" Harry asked, Janna nodded as she then tugged the bag off the wall.

"Yeah, mostly just books" Janna explained, weaving her left arm through a strap of the bag, she looked at the car and frowned "what does this do?" Janna asked as she curiously leaned to the car's shiny exterior, looking at her reflection which resembled a pale girl blanketed in wool.

"It drives, it's a muggle car so it won't do anything special but guzzle petrol" Harry explained, Janna looked at him, her eyebrows puckering together.

"What's a Muggle?" Janna asked but Harry smiled as he walked up to the car to open one of the doors for Janna.

"A muggle is a person who doesn't have magic at all" Harry said as the car door then opened, he gestured Janna to get in.

"Can Muggles get magic then?" Janna asked as she sat on the seat, Harry nodded, slightly.

"Yeah... my friend, Hermione, is a Muggleborn, she was born with magic, and she is probably the best witch I know" Harry explained, Janna folded her legs into the car and folded her scarf onto her lap "we'll be meeting her at Kings Cross, she's dropping off her daughter, Rose" Harry closed her door.

Janna put her bag by her feet as Harry then walked around the front of the car, he pressed his glasses to his nose again. Janna looked around the car, it wasn't anything like the Knight bus, it was more compact and it had seats, which was truly odd to Janna, what if you were travelling at night and you wanted to sleep?

Harry climbed into the car, he turned keys which clattered as the engine of car burst to life with a soft jitter, Harry then pressed his foot down on one of the pedals, using the steering wheel to turn west onto the road away from nineteen Leve Don.

"Harry, why doesn't this car have chairs in it like the Knight bus?" Janna asked as she watched Harry use a bulb at the end of a thick rod to move the stick up and down.

"Muggles don't think that having so many chairs in a car is functional, they like the comfortable things in life" Harry explained as he watched the window, concentrating on the road ahead.

"I don't understand these Muggles-Wait, Harry what about Squibs? Are they Muggles too?" Janna asked, only now reneging she hadn't said goodbye to Mr Winslow, it made her feel awful in her stomach.

"Muggles...They are the ones who are born from Muggle parents; but Squibs are both from wizarding parent or a muggle and a wizard or witch, they become squibs when they don't show signs of magic." Harry explained, Janna sank into the cushioned chair as she felt even more guilt not saying goodbye.

The drive was quite lovely, though, Janna had for once been able to admire the houses of Crawley, it seemed so unsettling that she hadn't seen everything in her small world, a sudden wave of euphoria came up Janna's back distracting her from her guilt, she watched the trees stepping past the car as the odd person appeared with a dog at a leash or a bag on their back.

"Has Sagewood always been like this, Janna?" Harry asked suddenly, Janna shrugged as she looked out the window, taking all the sights in.

"I wouldn't know, I never usually looked at everything since I usually took the Knight bus to go places". Harry glanced at Janna as she stared at everything, especially the people "Harry...What are your parents like?" Janna asked, Harry breathed in deeply.

"I wouldn't know, but I know they were the best people to be with, they're always with me, even when it doesn't seem like it" Harry said, smiling grimly at the end, Janna frowned and turned around to look over the passenger seat to see nobody sitting behind her.

"Do you know who my parents are?" Janna asked, this made Harry shift in his seat before thinking of how what to say.

"Well, I didn't know your parents but I did know your uncle" Harry explained, Janna's eyes widened.

"I-I have a family?" Janna then quickly asked Harry "Where is he? Does he live here in England? Are we also meeting him?" Harry's eyes began to look upset, Janna pursed her lips and she leaned back in her chair "you did know my uncle" Janna echoed Harry's last words, she felt a wave of sadness drift through her "what was he like?"

Harry thought as he tried to also focus on the road "Sirius was loyal to my dad, they were actually best mates at school," Harry then turned to Janna for a few seconds "My mother-in-law says they were joint to the hip, probably because they were related-"

"So we're related?" Janna quickly pieced together, Harry looked back at the road.

"Yes, but it goes back a couple of generations" Harry nodded, Janna stared at him with a hard look.

"We really don't look remotely related but it might be the eyes or how skinny I am" Janna said, Harry smiled softly.

"No, the eyes aren't from the Black family tree origins, my eyes are from my mother" Harry explained, Janna watched his eyes, she looked through the glass to see bright green eyes shining in the morning light "Sirius had grey eyes so your eyes must be from your mother's side."

Janna frowned at Harry "who's Sirius?"

"Oh, Sirius is your uncle's name" Harry then put his right hand on a box in the gap between him and Janna, he opened it and inside was a paper file "you might find some answers in there, here, take it"

Janna did as Harry said, she took the file out, she looked on the front cover, paper clipped on the top right was a picture of a small, young girl who was sleeping, she had a fresh blackened wound trailing down her neck to under her shirt, her hair was spread out on a pillow, her face was uneasy as she slept, below it on the white frame of the moving picture there was writing in squished and curly handwriting Julianna (Sirius) Black.

"That's...That's me" Janna then put the file on her lap before unraveling the elongated red scarf from her neck, she put the scarf at her feet before pulling down her jumper neck to reveal a large gash near her throat. She ran her fingertips over the scar while looking at it from the picture, Harry tried not to look at the deep scar on Janna's pale skin as she compared it to the girl's in front of her "that must have been after I got attacked...You know, it happened right at that gate by the Winslow's. I was so stupid that day" Janna then released her jumper's neck "life wasn't as good after that"

Harry knew lycanthropy stunted people lives, he thought of Janna, how she seemed so quiet and silent just a day ago but now she was almost confident to show herself. Harry knew Sirius' legacy wasn't going to end on his death day, somehow it still continued with this girl-

"Harry?"

Janna had brought Harry back from his deep mind, he blinked a couple of times before responding.

"Yes" Harry said, Janna stared at him.

"Your mind was far off" Janna said, Harry felt like he was talking to Trelawney for a moment when Janna spoke of mind. "You think a lot, don't you?" Janna leaned back, bundling the scarf on her lap before pulling her file from under it "you know your brain might overheat, it happens to people all the time if they think to hard"

Harry chuckled "is that so?"

Janna lifted her eyes from her reading "yes, it gets people into Saint Mungo's quite often, usually people who want to become known for big ideas"