Riel

¤ ¤ ¤

In the small house on a steep slope to a river Riel was packing away the dishes she had washed, her lips plumper than usual since she was smiling, thinking about her son and the girl he called his friend, one day, hopefully, she thought, they would wed.

However a creak at the back window echoed her out of her thoughts, Riel leaned back to look though the doorway.

Nothing was there, she shivered in the cold wind so she left her dishes to lock the door.

Gently the thin curtains swayed in the air, she pushed them aside then closed the old wooden door, Riel jumped back, holding her stomach and screamed at what she saw through the window—glowing eyes of a greyish wolf that was grinning at her through the distorted glass. She slapped her hand over her mouth to stop her from making more noise as a growl shook her body from behind her, her eyes trailed across the room to a large grey wolf with his head crouched to the floor and his front legs ready to pounce, this one was unlike any she had ever seen, larger, scarred with deep gashes.

Behind the mountain of grey fur of scars a black shadow with glowing red eyes stalked her muscles to inspect very ounce of fear she displayed.

Causing Riel  to yelped and to leap back to the window the grey wolf let out a growl similar to a malicious laugh as he skulked his shoulders. Riel noticed had no weapon nearby her, she searched eagerly in the room, searching for any sharp object to defend herself... The only sharp object was just a few feet away.

Her dish water that had a good deal of cutlery was a good few strides away. Riel landed in the kitchen after leaping for the boarded floor, she slide on the warped floor with the echoes of the grey wolf growling at the black one, when the grey wolf began snapping at the black one—wham! Riel winced in pain as she felt her head go warm, she put her hand on the top of her head through her black hair to bring the liquid to her eyes, there was blood on her fingers...

Angry growls and snaps mixed in the air with the moans of wood und the dead weight of Riel pulling her body up weakly with her forearms on the counter, after hitting her head on a wooden cupboard door where there was a flatter of scarlet she was lightheaded and shaking more profusely with the two snapping wolfs behind her.

Behind her the black shadow snarled and snapped a foaming jaw of silver needle-like teeth but waited behind the shoulder of the grey wolf that revealed in watching her squeals and cries as she fished around in the scummy dish water that caused her to lose her grip of oily blades and slippery handles alike.

Leaning back on the counter Riel to keep an eye on the waiting wolves she watched in horror, feeling a rush of blood to her stomach as the foam dispersed  in the air from the open jaws that revealed a dark throat of the smaller wolf that had leapt up at her in slow motion—Riel could only react in one way, this was either life of death for her by the teeth of the mangy black wolf, through the murky dish water she sliced her fingers through a couple of blades before finding the handle of a long blade she yanked a metal object from the dirty washing water. Liquid splattered on the floorboards, with a thump the wolf landed on her chest, Riel slid on the cupboard doors with her head slamming into the doors as the black wolves nails curled into her dress. Without a thought and as savage as the wolf Riel let out her own roar slamming her weapon down into the back of the wolf, after slipping from her grasp from the oils the knife's handle stuck out from the boney shoulder of the wolf that had attempted to bite at her shoulder.

Outside Leigh walked to the house, his hunting rifle on his shoulder from hunting a few hares. Leigh's heart stopped when he heard an unbearable noise erupt from his house—he ran to the house's stoop "Riel!!" Leigh cried with his rifle swinging into his hands—blasting the door open with a few rounds, sprinted down the down the hall with mud lifting up behind him.

Two streaks that ran past him caught his eyes BLAM BLAM BLAM! with lighting speed the rifle in Leigh's hands shot pellets, there was an animalistic howl of pain followed by a large grey streak leaping out the window of the back door, with an flustered roar Leigh charged at the window but in his attempt to get the other creature he slipped on something, causing him to have his feet pulled from under him and to slide on his back for a few inches.

Groaning the man hurriedly tried to get up to see where his wife was—as soon as he got to one knee was caught kneeling... he at eye level of horror the bloodied face of his wife, on his hands and knees Leigh crawled to his wife, she looked like a limp rag doll left against a wall through his blood mattered hair that obscured his face, on the floor made slippery by the crimson sheen of blood. "Riel! Meh Angel!" Leigh shook her shoulders in his strong, shaking hands "com' bac' te meh!" Leigh clung to her lifeless shoulders, wrapping his arms around her small delicate body, by his head her neck was ripped thoroughly but tediously so blood from her neck dripped into his dark long hair. Leigh looked through his watered eyes that her pale arms were covered in defensive wounds of large gashes of blood that seemed to had tardily tried to blacken and thicken but there was not enough time left to do so. Leigh let out a cry, "Ey  knew ye tried te 'elp meh, Riel, b-but Ey need'ya now, I need ye noo" Leigh shook her body, causing her neck to bend unnaturally as her head lolled to one side "Com' bac' to meh!" Leigh fought through his tears and screamed at her ear "AH NEED YA! Yer my angel, ah need ya help! Ye can 'elp meh noo!" Leigh wailed, his face coated in her blood and his tears sticking his dark hair to his wet cheeks. In an attempt to give her life Leigh cupped Riel's face with his trembling palms, his hands shook so her cheeks kept getting tarnished by the blood on his hands, he finally pressed his face to her cheeks, trying to reach the warmth in her body "Riel!"

The sunlight stung Janna's  eyes as her body cracked back to a human's, she whimpered in the pain in her back. Greyback watched Janna with a sly grin on his face "Y-you!" The breaths coming from Janna's throat were bitter, she wailed and feel back as she tried to get up on one arm from felt a pain in her shoulder. Her shoulders lurched from her coughing from the taste of something thick  in her mouth.

   "Tastin' tha' in yer throa'?" Greyback hummed as he stand over Janna "yu'll ge' used te tastin' blood"

Feeling her stomach churn in nausea Janna whimpered in fear as she attempted to crawl back away from him, he leaned to her, he gruffly grabbed her by her shoulders. The pain was just made worse when she wailed when he bit down on her shoulder like a man savagely biting into a ripe peach. Janna tried to pull away and squeal in pain but this only seemed to please Greyback, he pulled back his jaw to cause more damage to skin then grinned at her with a mouth of blood, he licked his lips with a delighted hum—he snatched her shivering chin with his gnarly fingers "Ya be'ter ge' used to tha', Black, yu'll be in mah pack sooner than ye t'ink"

With every ounce of energy Janna spat the taste at the back of her throat at his face, he growled at her then wiped her saliva away from his eye "Still 'ave figh' in ya afta las' nigh', I like tha'"

   "Get away from me!" Janna hissed, a sharp spasm surged through her body causing her to yelp in pain this caused him to laugh at Janna—but he stopped, he listened like a wolf catching a sound in a breeze, soon he silently skulked away from the whining Janna, as soon as there was a creak nearby he ripped his way through the boarded window as he leapt through the planks like they were butter.  Janna could only wail into a pillow, her smeared mouth bloodied the white canvas of the pillow, she felt like every single nerve in her body was in a searing oil.

   "Janna?"