The blue owl

¤ ¤ ¤

After Pomfrey had given Janna a healing potion, stitches and wrapped her hand where she had been caught in the mirror and made the young girl go for a clean, Janna was walking down to the Great Hall, in the portraits Janna passed Snuffles, unbeknown by anyone, was trotting next to Janna, he studied her hand were the bandage was, she must have been terrified of when she stared into that mirror to scurry away from it and not notice she'd cut herself.

The boys noticed Janna was coming towards them, they cleared a spot next to Juno, who was sitting on his own across from Orion and Jake, Janna sat in the space "are you alright now?" Asked Jake, Janna nodded, more focused on her breakfast since the shift had taken so much of her energy.

    "Yeah," Janna realised she needed to cover her tracks "I just hope I don't get sick again"

    "When I get sick my grandma makes soup... You should maybe have some, just in case" Juno said, edging a holder tray of soup, Janna smiled and turned to her bacon and sausages.

   "Thank you but I think I'll have my bacon first" Janna conversed, Juno nodded then went back to a book he was scanning with his finger.

There was a tattering in the rafters, Janna lifted her head and saw a small bluish grey owl landing on the openings of the roof, where the roof showed a clear blue sky with dandelion spores gliding through the air. The owl hopped off his perch and shot through the dandelion air to land at the Gryffindor table, crash landing into a basket of bread and butter.

Janna got up with a few other Gryffindors, the owl was sprawled in the bread, his wings flapped suddenly and he rolled out the basket, taking it with him, he tried to come to Janna but he was then slammed down by the basket which trapped the poor owl. Janna lifted the basket as the students began to disperse uninterested in the clumsy owl. The owl stared at Janna before she lifted him up, his legs dangled from between her fingers.

   "Is this your owl?" Janna asked some of the Gryffindors nearby, the owl hooted at Janna and jerked its head to the bench. As Janna lowered the owl onto the bench he first slipped but gained his balance, Janna let the owl go.

The owl's wings shot out into arms, the feathers turned to fingers and as it turned into a man Janna noted it began to grow teal blue hair. Where Janna had left the owl now sat Teddy, who shook off a few feathers and brushed crumbs out from his hair "bloody hell, that was a flop"

    "Teddy?" Asked Janna, he looked up and grinned "how did you do that?" She then plucked a few feathers from his hair.

   "I took an advanced extra class of metamorphology, it payed off" Teddy sighed as he shook feathers from his robes "Well... Not really"

    "So... You can transform into an owl?" Janna questioned Teddy who's hair colour changed to a mousey brown, he also shrank a bit.

   "Not only an owl, I think I told you" Teddy said as he pulled a few feathers from his shirt "I am a metamorphigus, from my mum as well" he then tightly hugged Janna "I hope you are alright from last night."

Janna wheezed through the bone crushing hug "Yes, but if you keep hugging me I might not be"

   "Sorry" Teddy chuckled, letting go. He quickly ruffled up Janna's hair before pulling out his wand and pointing at his robes "just don't tell anyone I'm here"