The sorting of Albus Potter

¤ ¤ ¤

The two then looked back at Juno, he had his eyes shut tightly and his hands clasping the stool seat—

"GRYFFINDOR!"

Janna and Orion jumped up slightly to cheer for Juno, he quickly walked to the table to sit next to Orion. Juno was tugging his scarf from his neck slightly from the hot sweat and breathlessness. Next was a Genet Fray who was put in Hufflepuff, her light brown hair bounced on her shoulders as she trotted to the Hufflepuff table. A boy named Yann Fredricks was put in Gryffindor immediately straight after the hat was placed on his head. Yann was followed by Justine Goodman who was placed in Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw watched Rose—who was next—with hungry eyes. "GRYFFINDOR!" Rose then smirked brightly, she confidently walked to the Gryffindor table to sit with Olive.

A young tomboy named Sofia Warren was called next, she was the girl who had the beanie atop her head. Sofia tugged it over her forehead before sitting on the stool, the hat wasn't even on her head for two seconds before it called out "SLYTHERIN!"

She pursed her lips from a smile before walking towards the cheering crowd of Slytherin who immediately welcomed her then glaring at Janna and Orion. A dark skinned girl named Gianna Horne was put in Ravenclaw, the house cried out in joyous cheering. A shorter girl called Denise Ilusa followed Gianna to Ravenclaw along with a boy named William Jacobs. The streak was broken when a very short girl called out as Zella Lightwood was put in Hufflepuff.

"Scorpius Malfoy!" The hall went quiet, Janna watched as the hat was placed on his head.

"SLYTHERIN!" The hat yelled. Scorpius smiled vaguely and nodded to himself before moving towards the Slytherin table. After a fair haired girl named Quince Maplecrow was made a Hufflepuff, an Aimee Miller was sorted into Gryffindor and a Jack Plume was put in Hufflepuff—Professor Longbottom called out "Albus Potter!"

The hat is placed on Albus' head, the hat's creases formed an immediate frown; Albus had a contorted expression of shock and confusion—

"SLYTHERIN!"

The hall was dead silent, the only sounds were Sofia Warren and Scorpius cheering and clapping wildly. Albus had the hat lifted off his head, behind him Harry watched with an awestruck expression plastered on his face. Janna watched Albus—he seemed to be as stiff as a pole as he walked to Scorpius and Sofie.

"A Potter in Slytherin?" Asked Olive Bough as she leaned to Rose's ear.

"He can't be related to me, they must have swapped him in Saint Mungo's or something" James muttered, Rose watched Albus over her shoulder like everyone else to see Albus slowly sit next to Scorpius and Sofie at the Slytherin table.

"And his dad is right there at the teacher's table" Whispered Aimee Miller.

"Albus... You shouldn't have chosen that house... What were you thinking?" Rose muttered across to the Slytherin table to Albus, he was sitting silently with Sofie and Scorpius trying to ignore the attention of the entire school.

"Right..." Professor Longbottom then looked at the parchment "Esmeralda Shine"

"Hufflepuff!"

Albus didn't dare look at anyone but Scorpius and Sofia as Janna watched him; Juno, Orion and a very few set of other students were now focused on the last few students to be sorted.