Past Pictures

¤ ¤ ¤

Around the corner to the Dark Arts classroom Orion trotted; he saw Professor Potter closing his classroom door, he skidded back 'round the corner again and stopped the three others with his arm catching them behind him "We need the cloak!" Orion hissed hurriedly, Janna opened the cloak over the boys, as expected the three boys disappeared. It was too late for Janna to hide under the cloak, Professor Potter had come around the bend, he saw Janna a few feet away brushing her hair back, when she saw him her hands dove deep into her pockets "Are you alright Janna?" Harry asked stopping before Janna with a small cardboard box under his arm.

In response Janna nodded, pursing in her lips as she heard the boys silently shuffling around the bend behind Professor Potter toward the corridor to the classroom.

    "Yes—I—er... Was going for a stroll, you know, I wandered a bit to take my mind off..." Janna stopped herself and held her arm, looking away and closing her eyes, the guilt she had lost flooded her stomach again she bit her lip to keep the sludge in "...you know"

Harry placed a hand on Janna's shoulder.

Janna opened her eyes to look up at him "Do you need to think about him? We can go to my classroom for a cup of tea" Janna felt her stomach flip, she wanted to but the boys were breaking in as they were speaking

   "No, thank you; I...I might blare out with tears," Janna chuckled, feeling the nervousness in her fingertips as she hugged her arms "I'll just walk around a little more, for some air, of course" the door opened, she could hear a small creaking of the wood, she noted Harry's eyes moving in the direction of the creak "I actually have a question: In...er... History of Magic textbook—" Janna tried to remember what she had read over Juno's shoulder when he read the textbook "—we have a chapter on Azkaban, I saw there was something called a Dementor, I was wondering if there was a way of protecting myself from it... You see, I feel that they might come for me one day... I remembered in the file there was a bit about Azkaban—when I was in my mum while she was there, maybe... they would come looking for me..."

As thought sloshing the statement in his head Harry nodded, also sticking his one hand in his pocket "You can protect yourself with a Patronus Charm—" Janna slowly nodded, trying to seem like she had just heard of the spell "—but Dementors don't guard Azkaban, Aurors do; I can see why you are worried, though, Dementors do hover near that place and sometimes they go as far as Cornwall. Hogwarts is safe from Dementors, they were strictly told never to enter the grounds; they haven't done so for more than twenty years"

¤ ¤ ¤

In the Dark Arts classroom the boys hurried up the curving staircase up to the office, they came into the cluttered office, mountains of papers and books, tests were piled haphazardly, different years' tests were placed vertically or horizontally on the ones below them. The boys stared at what seemed to be a desk, the indication there was a desk was that there was a chair with a cloak draped over the back tucked under a plank of wood "For a teacher Professor Potter is strange... he has no books. You'd expect he'd know everything from learning from a book" Juno murmured as he walked into the office to move toward the desk.

With his hands behind his back Orion leaned into a glass door cabinet where countless framed photos stood on shelf, he saw an tatty one which had four boys, maybe fifth years wearing Gryffindor robes, they were laughing in the photo, one of them had dark hair, he seemed to look somewhat like Janna, he was just a few years older and his hair was more shaggy. Orion's gaze moved to the taller boy, his nose had a deep scar trailing across it, his wrists peeped out of the robes sleeves showing scars which seemed to look like Janna's, maybe he fought a dragon as well.  Then there was a pudgy boy who laughed merrily and squashed himself into the frame, vying for attention of Orion that the shaggy haired boy and the last boy shared, the last boy looked like Professor Potter himself, glasses and all, but this boy seemed to have more mischievous and darker eyes that weren't green.

Jake shoved the cloak into Juno's hands as he came to Juno's side at the desk "Here, Potter won't suspect you if he is to find us in here" Jake opened a draw that rattled with many bits and bobs as he pulled the handle "Janna must be out of her mind nearly getting caught out like that... Good thing he wouldn't suspect anything of her wandering about without us"

In the dim light Juno pursed his lips nodding as he searched under the piles of parchment on the desk with his eyes peering between the layers "Janna's possibly the bravest girl I have ever met; she saved us back there."

With a big smirk on his face Jake turned to Juno "I think you have an apple for someone's eyes"

Juno's whole round face squashed in confusion—suddenly he turned bright red "the term is the apple of one's eye" he smiled at Jake, tugging his scarf from his throat "yes, I am very fond of Janna, I think she's informed for a girl. You know? I reckon all the other girls just care about make up and...er...girly stuff, whatever girls do"

   "I don't understand any 'girly stuff', although I can agree that you're correct about Janna being different..." Jake genuinely smiled "Her scars, I think she did get them fighting a dragon, maybe she thinks she's invincible, I hope she does... Most girls think they're weak, then they cry to boys about it... But we just want to fool around and do stupid things."

Orion continued to look at the pictures, maybe the Map is here, behind all the pictures, one photograph inhabited by a ginger lady with evergreen eyes holding onto the version of the man with the rounded spectacles as he spun her around in his arms, he saw how happy they were, he thought of his own mother and father.

Orion shivered off the feeling a swell of homesickness by shaking his shoulders and head, he carried on watching the photos of the Professor with a ginger woman, another with a bushy haired girl and a ginger man with a long face— "why aren't there any tactical thingies in here or curse books?" Jake questioned "Isn't he the head Auror... Wasn't he the Chosen One?"

    "Professor Potter did die, you know, he most have been humbled with all that shebang in his life when he was in school, imagine being attacked by a Dark Wizard every June" Juno  conversed as he moved around the desk. Orion looked to the next photograph, one of quite a few people, this one was older, tattered and dog-eared, a whole group of people he recognised the four men from the first photograph, he saw the older ginger lady who was with the Professor Potter look alike. There was a couple that  caught his eyes, they looked like Professor Longbottom if his features were split into two people, a man with a strange whizzing eye attached to his face, his face was scarred, he was gruff looking with his eye in a strange contraption that possibly kept the eye in his head. A dark skinned man named Kingsley Shacklebolt caught Orion's attention, that was the previous Minister of Magic, he was far younger. This man was now an Auror who had visited his house a few times after they made a trip to England from Scotland.

Orion wondered Who on Earth were these people, they must have been a association or Auror class...