☹ 0.1☹

December 14, 2012

An intoxicated Ishita was sitting on the bridge with a bottle of vodka in her hand. It was frigid that night, so she put on her gloves and drank away. Halfway through her bottle, a depressed Louis stepped on the bridge. Ready to end his life, Louis failed to acknowledge Ishita's hard stare on him.

He took in a deep breath and was about to jump when he heard slurred words.

"You are about to jump? Aren't you?" Ishita asked teasingly. She knew he was about to kill himself, but she was testing his will. He did not look at her and ignored her.

Ishita waited and waited for a response, but when she did not get one, she was disappointed. Scoffing she stood up or as she tried to stand up on the very edge.

"I asked you a question. Are you or are you not going to jump?" Ishita slowly dragged her words behind her and faced him. Louis quirked an eyebrow of amusement and faced her. He was annoyed and her doubting his decision to end his life was putting him in a predicament. He indeed doubted himself.

"What's it with you?" Louis asked her in a raspy voice. 'He has been crying,' Ishita thought to herself, and she smiled sloppily.

"You doubt your decision. It seems hard right? Believe it like this- after you jump, you won't feel the pain anymore. You will struggle down there for a while-" Ishita paused and pointed down in the river, "but soon everything will be numb."

She spoke numbly ever so lightly that Louis almost could not hear it. He looked down at the bottle of vodka in her hand and then at the river. He understood why she was here. She was drinking away her problems.

Ishita followed his gaze, and they stood in quietness for about fifteen minutes.

"Well, it was nice knowing you Mr. I am confused," Ishita spoke and smirked painfully. 

"But I best be off, for I came here actually to end my life. Feel free to finish the bottle unless.." Ishita trailed off.

"Unless what?" Louis questioned.

"Unless you want to jump with me?" Ishita offered a sincere smile to the hurting man.

"What if I doubt myself?" Louis asked and bit his lip. He blinked twice to avoid tears.

"I have been where you are. I will throw the bottle and we both jump." Ishita looked at him, and he nodded hesitantly.

"For tonight we seal our deaths,

Together eternally we will be free." Ishita quoted a poem she once read and began the countdown. On ten she would throw the bottle, and they would jump.
"1."

"2."

"3."

"4."

"5."

"6."

"7."

"8. Are you sure?" Louis asked.

"9. And yes."

"10. Okay."

Ishita threw the bottle into the river and heard it splash. She felt a shiver down her back, and she had a mini battle between her heart and her brain. Shaking out of her thoughts, Ishita grabbed Louis's cold and large hand in her covered hand. She wore extra layers so she'd sink quickly.

They were about to jump when the security men saw them and flashed their lights on the two.

"Hey! You two! Party's over. Get out of here." One of the men shouted into a microphone.

Louis muttered a 'shit' and let go of Ishita's hand. She pulled him towards her and grumbled.

"Let us get out of here. My apartment is nearby. We will come here later. Unless you wanna end up in rehab." She spoke in a harsh tone and climbed off the bridge with Louis trailing behind her.

Running away from the bridge, the two passed the 'New Years Eve' countdown board and stumbled into Ishita's messy apartment building.

Louis grimaced as he looked around his surrounding but did not judge the unknown girl's reason for living here. He just followed her like a lost puppy. Little did he know, he'd be doing that an awful lot.

~~

The updates will be shorter than this but quicker.

Please vote and comment down feedback :))  ❤︎

© All rights reserved to @zainszolo