☹0.13☹

December 26, 2012

Ishita stares at Louis as he pays the cashier for their breakfast and leans back in her seat. It was 11 A.M., and as promised, Ishita let Louis take her out to breakfast. On her behalf, this was nothing more than two friends meeting up but Louis thought that this was the beginning of a new relationship.

"Thanks," Ishita muttered and grabbed the coffee's out of Louis' hands and set it on the table. For a little while, none of them spoke a word and ate in silence. It was getting a tad bit awkward, so both Louis and Ishita reached midway of the table to grab their coffee, at the same time. Their hands touched, and Ishita felt a spark. She looked up at him with gaping eyes as he opened the lid of his coffee cup and blew some air on the steam.
'Did he not feel it?' Ishita wondered and gave him a tight smile when he looked up at her.
"So how is everything going on with you?" Ishita started a conversation and shoved her hands in her pockets. Louis finished sipping on his coffee and paused before responding.
"It is okay. Steve got me a job as another tattoo artist at his place, and I'm currently looking for an apartment to stay in." Louis shrugged before sipping on his coffee again. He licked his lips, and Ishita shivered. She felt weak in the knees as her body was reacting a little too much to Louis.

Louis smirked and pressed his leg closer to Ishita's, she becoming his new source of entertainment. Ishita cleared her throat and composed herself. Louis raised his eyebrows at her, but she shrugged at him. Shaking his head, Louis began, "So what about you?" He questioned her.

"It's been quite okay actually," Ishita answered brightly and then looks down at her lap, her old jeans suddenly attractive. Louis shrugs and nods. 'It's fair,' he thought. 'It's gotta be awkward.'
"I'm sorry if all of this is a bit awkward. I don't even know why I'm being this way." Ishita suddenly spoke up with an unimpressed look adorning her face. Louis clenched his jaw and nodded. "It's my fault really." He started and took a sip from his coffee. "I shouldn't have bailed on you, on us and on that activity we were doing. We don't even have that many days left to do something major." He added and looked at the girl sitting across him, with a pained smile. It was forced and they both knew that. Nothing is more noticeable than a fake smile.

"Look, Louis, that activity was stupid and I'm over the Vegas incident. I get it. I probably scared you off." Ishita teased him and laughed before taking a sip of her coffee. Louis shook his head violently, and Ishita raised her eyebrow at him.
"What?" She asked and set her mug down. She placed her hands on top of each other on the table. Louis reached across the table and linked his cold fingers with her warm ones.
"You can never scare me off." He whispered and stared intently in Ishita's eyes. Her mouth was hanging low and her eyes wide. Tears were slowly brimming them. They were lost in their world until Ishita's phone rang. It rang, and it rang, but Ishita and Louis were lost, hands together and gazes linked. Ishita snapped back to reality and blinked, breaking their eye contact and separating their hands. Louis sighed and leaned back.
"My phone," she muttered and rummaged in her pockets.
'Zayn' was flashing on her screen and she paused before answering. She looked at Louis and motioned him with an 'I have to take this,' look.
"Hey.." She whispered while Louis sat there and pinched the bridge of his nose. No matter how hard he tried, something always disrupted them and their moments. He was beyond frustrated now. Louis turned out to Ishita's conversation with a person he did not know and focused on ways of getting her back. Meanwhile, his phone buzzed in his pocket, and he pulled it out. There was a message from Steve, asking Louis to come to the parlor around 4 for some paperwork. He shoots him back with a 'k' and put his phone upside down on the table.

"Okay, then I will see you then. Bye Zayn." Ishita answered with a small smile lingering on her face.
"I love you, baby," Zayn muttered as he gathered his papers for a meeting he was having in about an hour or two.
Ishita's smile dropped, but a part of her was jumping up and down. She decided to go with the happy part of her and reply Zayn with what he wanted to hear.
"I-I," she began but hesitated, and Zayn stopped what he was doing. Louis looked at Ishita with a worried look. She looked up at Louis and saw a new future and no sense of stability. She saw pain and heartache and endless possibilities of mistakes. As she thought of Zayn, she was reminded of what they had, what they could have been and what they are now. She saw this leading somewhere and not leading her on. At least not now. Needless to say, Ishita was in a predicament.

"I..." she begins, and everything around her is suddenly quiet. Zayn's eyes widen as he stands up straighter. Louis was more concerned than ever. Ishita looked at Louis again and remembered how he left her alone with a note in Vegas. She took a deep breath to calm herself down and spoke again.

"I love you too Zayn."

© All rights reserved to @zainszolo