☹0.6☹

December 19, 2012

"As crazy as it sounds," Louis began speaking but was immediately cut off by Ishita.

"No Louis, it does sound crazy." She spoke in a monotone voice. She knew better than to argue with the 24-year, soon to be 25-year-old and just shakes her head at him. Taking a deep breath, both of them reached the parlor.

'It was average looking, for a tattoo parlor at least,' thought Ishita. She examined the glass windows and looked for a guy with long hair, mustache and a couple of tattoos. Ishita, when saw the beard, was scared, for she is terrified of men with beards. She knows that she should not be, but her brain is just wired that way.

'Why am I doing this again?' Ishita thought, trying to figure out why she was hanging out with a stranger, getting tattoos? She went to that pier to end her life. She was drunk because she did not want to feel pain. She wanted numb. She needed numb. She desires numb.

"Ready to go in love?" A sweet Louis, speaks up breaking a flustered Ishita, out of her trance. Hesitantly, she nodded and let the stranger who she barely knows, show her way.

Louis was ecstatic on getting a new tattoo. He had not gotten one in ages and was jumping when he proposed an idea about getting a tattoo with Ishita. As they were waiting for their turn, Ishita looked over at Louis and decided to ask him a question; she had been dying to ask.

"Louis, how old do you think I am?" Ishita asked him innocently yet devilishly. He was bound to fail this one. Louis smirked and was about to answer before getting interrupted by Ishita for the second time that day. He huffed when Ishita spoke, "If you answer wrong, you will have to get a tattoo that reminds you of my oh so sweet victory."

By now, Louis was scratching his head, but he answered anyway.

"19 OR 20. Either one." He said confidently. Ishita burst out laughing at his confidence.

"No silly! I am 21. Oh my god!" Ishita was full-on snickering. People gave them dirty looks as Louis too started laughing. He could not help it, Ishita's grin was silly looking.

Calming himself down, he asked her how she was 21? She- in no way possible- acts like a 21-year-old.

"Um okay. I was 20 on the 14th, but then I was 21 on the 15th. So, me looking like a 20-year-old is probably the aftertaste." Ishita indirectly told him her birthday. She hadn't mentioned a month, so Louis gave her a quizzical look.

"What month?" He asked but never heard the answer because of Steve; his friend called them over for their turn.

Ishita watched the two men hug and do some manly handshake while she stood there awkwardly. Snapping his head to Ishita, Louis introduced her to Steve.

As Steve proceeded on with cleaning the needles and then Ishita and Louis's wrists, Louis told him that he and Ishita would be getting an "oops" and "sorry" tattoos respectively and he will be getting her name tattooed in cursive on his bicep. But, Ishita doesn't know that. She was just joking around.

After getting her tattoo done, which surprisingly did not hurt much, Ishita waited outside for Louis. She did not know why it was taking so long, but she remained in her seat. After about 15 more minutes of waiting, Louis and Steve bid their goodbyes to each other and Ishita thanks Steve for the tattoo. Louis had already paid at the counter, so Ishita grabs his hand they both reached her car.

It was not long until Louis breaks the silence between the duo.

"I got two tattoos according to the bet," He spoke, and Ishita kept her gaze on the road while humming.

"Oh yeah? Well, what is it?" She asked him just before parking the car in the indoor parking lot.

"It is the name of a person who just seems to be withering away like me." He stated as Ishita double checked whether she locked her car or no. She scoffs and puts her hair in a ponytail.

"And how exactly does that remind you of me?" She asked him while shaking her head.

"I am pretty sure that the name Ishita will remind me of you," Louis spoke in all seriousness while Ishita mentally cursed at herself. She was letting him in way too close for her liking. This is bad for both of them. Clearing her throat, with shaky words, Ishita asked Louis to show her the tattoo. As they make their way to his room, Louis takes off his shirt, and Ishita examines the symbol. Her soft fingertips were tracing the name written in a beautiful cursive handwriting.

Louis inched his face closer to the dazed girl and kept his crystal; blue orbs fixed on her cherry lips. Suddenly, Ishita senses their proximity and looks up, too caught up at the moment; she ignores her conscience. Her hazel brown eyes locked with his ocean blue ones. Slowly and steadily Louis makes his move and locks their lips.

None of them felt fireworks or the cliche butterflies. They felt connected, enchanted, loved, needed, wanted and mostly, they felt alive. More alive that they've ever been.

That night Ishita lay awake in her bed, replaying the kiss in her mind while Louis could not manage to wipe the smile of his lips.

~~

OKAY NOW THAT WAS LONGG

Anyways, vote, comment, and share! It literally means the world to me.❤︎

© All rights reserved to @zainszolo