☹0.12☹

December 25, 2012

Louis sighed as he twisted and turned awkwardly on Steve's old couch. He has had it since high school, and it stank. Even if Louis did not spend his birthday alone, he was still in pretty bad shape. He regretted what happened back in Vegas with Ishita and decided to get her a present.

Rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, Louis got up and went to the bathroom. Taking a good look at the mirror, he decided to shave. His scruff was beginning to irritate him. As he spent his time in the bathroom thinking of where to get a last minute Christmas present, Ishita spent her time hanging up the last of her ornaments on the tree. She would have decorated sooner, but she just couldn't wrap her head around it.

Things with Zayn were okay. They only texted each other for a bit, and then the conversation died down. Ishita could not help but wonder whether if the even have the spark left or it's just the sexual tension always between them.
Zayn, however, was loving how things were. He decided to invite Ishita over for a Christmas dinner. They both don't celebrate it, but good food, carols, trees, and decorations have been their pet peeve.

Ishita's phone buzzed as she got a text. She replied back to Zayn and ignored any other ones she hadn't read. She rolled her eyes when Zayn responded within a minute.

Louis was passing this store on the busy streets of Manhattan. His eyes wandered to a beautiful necklace.

A/N: THIS IMAGE IS TAKEN FROM "Midnight shades," A BEAUTIFUL AND ORIGINAL STORY BY @zexplicitly ❤️

He looks at the price, and his heart stops. This necklace was very expensive, and he could not afford it. It was made of pure silver. He shakes his head at it and walks forward.

"Hi, Zayn," Ishita says to her phone as she walks to her bedroom to collect her belongings.

"Hey, love. I was just calling to see if you are still up for the dinner plans tonight?" Zayn's calm voice asks Ishita, and her eyes widen. She had completely forgotten their tradition.
When she doesn't reply, Zayn sighs.

"Look it's okay--" He begins, but Ishita cuts him off.
"I will be there. What time?" She asks biting her lip. She bends down to pick up a sweater from the floor. She brings it to her nose and sniffs it. Ishita smiles as the sweater is not stinking and she puts it on her arm.
"That's great. Should I be expecting you around 6?" Zayn asks and brings his phone to his other ear and buttons his shirt.
"Yeah. I will um see you later then." Ishita shrugs.
"Yeah, you will.." Zayn says and is soon followed by an awkward silence.
They both stay on the line, and Zayn begins speaking.
"Bye, I love--" and he is briefly cut off as Ishita ends the call. She doesn't want to deal with this today. Zayn groans and throws his phone on his bed.

Louis enters Walmart and picks up a Green Day CD for Ishita. A gift that he could afford. As he pays for it, he checks his phone for the bus schedule and rushes out.

The driver signals to Louis at his stop and he get off. He looks up at the simple building that once felt like home. He shakes his head when negative thoughts start clouding his mind.
Ishita looks at the time decides that she should start her trip now if she wants to reach Zayn's penthouse by 6. She grabs her keys from the counter and adjusts her beanie. Ishita wears her gloves and then was busy locking the door. She hears footsteps approaching her, but she dismisses the noise because it may be her neighbors.

Ishita grimaces as she sniffs trying to clear her nose. She must have caught a cold or something.
As she finally locks the door and turns around, she is welcomed by the same blue eyes she was beginning to dislike.
Her facial expression turns cold as she walks past Louis and bumps her shoulder with his on purpose.

Louis grabs hold of her arm and pulls her back and attempts to keep her still.
"Would you just calm down?" He asks her calmly. Ishita grunts and answers with a coarse "no."
He shakes his head at her simple yet childish ways but ignores her. She grabs his gift from the pocket of his jacket and hands it to her. Slowly, Ishita calms down and accepts it. She gapes at it. She knew it was a CD because of the shape and texture.
"What is it?" She asks.
"I knew you liked Green Day so I got you their CD. It's an old album, but that's what they have in Walmart right now. Merry Christmas and sorry."
Louis scratches his head shyly.
She sighs and looks at him.
"Thank you, Louis. It means a lot. Um, Happy Belated Birthday. We would've celebrated this in Vegas, but someone left without even a warning." She teases him playfully, but Louis was in all seriousness.

"I know, and for that, I am so so sorry. Let me make it up to you? We can go anywhere you want today! Even tomorrow. Just name it love." Louis asks her while holding her hands and Ishita turns pale. She can't bring herself to tell him about Zayn and what happened between them. But it's not like she even had anything to say to him. They are not together, and they never were.

She takes in a deep breath and tries to explain to him. "Uh, Louis not today.." She starts, and Louis' smile fades. Her eyes widen, and she quickly adds "but maybe tomorrow?"
Louis grins and steps aside. Ishita awkwardly smiles and walks out of the building without any other word.

She is soon welcomed by a happy Zayn when she reaches his penthouse. Zayn quickly lets her in and brushes some snow off her coat while hanging it.
"Welcome home baby." He mutters while wrapping his strong arms around a tense Ishita.
"It's good to be home." Ishita shudders and gets out of his embrace and faces him. She was trying so hard not to imagine Louis' face, so she forcefully grabs Zayn's head and kisses him, biting his lip on occasion. Zayn smiles into the kiss and chuckles after separating their lips.
"What was that for?" He asked her in a cooing tone.
"Erm thought, figured I saw a mistletoe." Ishita answers and tucks a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"Thanks for getting me a job and a place to stay Steve. Means so much to me man." Louis tells Steve while eating Christmas dinner with him and his wife.
Steve only smiles at his friend. He was proud of him for not giving up so soon.

 He was proud of him for not giving up so soon

© All rights reserved to @zainszolo