☹0.17☹

December 30, 2012

Ishita plugged in her headphones and blasted some random playlist on her Spotify.
As she set out on her adventure, Ishita could not help but wonder about as to how much her life has changed over the course of about mere 16 days.

She walked past her apartment building and straight to the park where the pond was frozen.

She smiled when she saw people skating with glee. They were smiling so wide as if they slept with a hanger in their mouths. She noticed a man sitting alone on the bench and furrowed her eyebrows. He seemed happy, so she did not bother him.

Ishita made her way over to the bench and sat down. The old man looked her confused but soon returned his gaze to a seven year old girl. She pulled one headphone out of her ear and scrolled on her phone. She was reading a book on Wattpad when she heard a squeal of joy.

"Grandpa look I am skating!" The little girl shouted, and everyone around her laughed and clapped slightly.

The man, in his mid 70's coughed slightly before smiling. He tilted his head and stretched his neck. "Good job princess. Make sure to keep your balance, Amy."

He shouted words of encouragement at her, and she twirled around for him.

"What brings you here this fine morning? I see you aren't skating? Why's that?" The old man asked Ishita all these questions, and she looked at him dumbfounded.

"Uh-" she struggled as to where to begin, and the man chuckled.

"I'm Mark Tyson, and that is my granddaughter Amy Tyson. Pleased to meet you." He offered her a warm hand to shake, and Ishita gladly accepted it.

"I'm Ishita, and the pleasure is all mine. Might I say, your granddaughter Amy, is quite adorable and talented? And I'm not skating because I am not exactly the best at it." Ishita pointed out, and Mark smiled gratefully.

She lied, but she hid it well.

"Thatis good to hear. And I'm sure you'll do fine once you get the hang of it." He spoke, and Ishita nodded.

She was about to return to her book when he was talking up again, "I wish her parents were here to see her. It's a shame really, to have one's parents die in an accident." Mark muttered sadly and remembered his son and daughter in law.

Ishita gasped in surprise, and her mouth formed an 'o' shape.

"That is very unfortunate Mark, how old is she you say?" She pondered onto a thought.

Mark scratched his white beard/scruff and licked his lips before answering.
"7, my dearest Amy is 7. She was about 3 when Jason and Cassandra had died.
I've raised her since the accident. It was a miracle really, her surviving such a brutal accident." Mark looked down as hot tears began to brim his eyes.

Ishita rummaged through her pockets and found a handkerchief.

"Here you go," and handed him the piece of cloth. Mark muttered a quick 'thank you' and dabbed his eyes dry. He gave her the material back, and she put it in her pocket.

"So what is your story?" Mark smirked at Ishita, and she laughed, her head throwing back.

"Obviously nothing special Mark.." She trailed off and stared at Amy who was skating her way to her grandpa.

"Hi, I am Amy." She giggled uncontrollably when Ishita clapped for her.

"Hey cutie, I am Ishita and might I say you are so so adorable," Ishita spoke in a baby voice and squeezed the little girl's cheeks.