☹0.9☹

December 22, 2012

"I can't believe that we are still not there." Ishita groaned and sprayed deodorant on herself in her car. It was not cold but not that hot either. The duo had been driving for a day and a few hours. The journey for 37 hours long and Ishita was dying to get out of her car. This was the longest time she had ever spent in her car. 

"We are almost there. I think we should stop at a motel coming up. We should just stop driving for the day. I believe we are both tired." Louis started and glanced at Ishita from the corner of his eye. Ishita had no idea that he was staring at her until she shouted.

"Watch OUT!" She exclaimed as they barely missed a car accident. Louis's eyes were wide open, his breathing shallow. He pulled the car over and stepped out of it. Breathing in and out, he tried to calm himself down. His eyes were still wide open as his legs felt weak and he fell to the ground, begging it to swallow him whole. Loud sobs escaped his parted lips, and Ishita rushed to him. 

Tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear, she held the wailing boy close to her chest. She rubbed his back, and he responded by nuzzling his face further into her body. She took a deep breath in whispered positive thoughts in his ears. 

'He can't give up now. Not when I am here. Not when we are both in this too deep.' Ishita kept thinking this as if she required reassurance from someone. 

"Louis, do you want to explain to me what happened?" Ishita asked him. 

He looked up at her with glossy eyes. Ishita figured his blue eyes would be dull because of his dark sunglasses, but she was wrong.

He took them off, and his eyes were shining a bright emerald color, and Ishita took her time to take in his tear stained face.

He cleared his throat and got up, leaving Ishita on the dry and hot Colorado desert land. Ishita squinted her eyes at the man in front of her but did not bother him. This was obviously a touchy subject for him, and Ishita knew than meddling with his so-called business.

Dusting herself, Ishita reached her car. She saw him sitting in the passenger seat with the map in his firm hands. She took it as a hint and sat in the driver's seat and cleared her throat. She was about to speak, but Louis beat her to it.

"Look just let it go okay! I am sorry we almost died but please shut up for the rest of the trip." He grumbled and buckled himself up. He felt bad for saying these harsh words to her, but Louis had subconsciously judged her by the looks. Louis thinks of her as a person who likes to intervene in people's business to keep herself busy. She did the same thing that day on the pier. He was starting to regret this whole idea of the trip. He was regretting the tattoos, the kiss and every little moment he spent with her. 

But this was not because he hated her, but only because he did not trust himself. He was stuck between reality and the past, and he did not want to drag her into his mess. So, thinking what's best for both of them, Louis woke up. From this dream, he was supposedly living in.

And with those dreams crushed, Louis left a note in Ishita's car when she was using the loo. She was crying in the washroom as she remembered the way Louis spoke to her with such hatred lacing his tone.

When she came out to an empty car, her heart broke and the flowers withered.

  "I am going to get off. I hope you have a pleasant time in Vegas and your life." And with that, Ishita was back to herself.

_________________________________________________________

Surprise, surprise.

© All rights reserved to @zainszolo