Chapter Seven - Sean

Everything after this has only been seen by me (meaning its been a tad bit less edited, but still wonderfully amazing I hope!)

----

As the weekend wrapped up, Monday rolled around.  Lilly knew she had to get out of the hospital, but from that point on had to decide what was next.  Her first thought was that someone she mentioned before she tried to kill herself, Sean.  He would be at school, and she knew he was in her first period.  It looked as if she was going back to school that morning to follow her promise to talk with him.

Over the remnants of the weekend, and after she mooched an entire new wardrobe off several helpless guys stalking the mall, she went through the tedious work of cleaning of her bedroom.  The first thing that went was the caution tape.  The second, the blood on the wall.  The third, she threw out the bedspread and most of her old clothes.

During Lilly’s entire clean-up mission, her mother strolled around the house as if Lilly was a ghost.  Her eyes never acknowledged another person in the room.

At night, Lilly could walk by her mother’s room and hear her mumbling in her sleep, mumbling about her dead daughter.  Did I do that? She questioned herself.  Even when she was right in front of her mother, her mom didn’t see her.  It was probably for the best anyways Lilly assured herself she didn’t want to interact with her mother anyways.

Lilly had her own plans now.  Plans that were best her mother stayed out of them.  She wasn’t going to be shy anymore; she wasn’t going to be the pretty pink girl anymore. She wanted to be someone who stood out, someone that would catch Sean’s attention. She decided not to use her controlling trick on him; she wanted him to actually want to be with her.  She didn’t want him to fall in love with some image full of deceit she can flail around to make anyone go googly eyed over her. Lilly sat in front of an aged mirror in the bathroom adjacent to her room, the one normally shared by her and her parents. 

She looked at herself in the mirror which constantly reminded her of how pale she was.  She figured the best way to double as shielding herself from the sun and hiding her almost disgustingly pale skin was to complete cover herself. She made sure her black jeans covered all of her legs, and noted that the bottoms rested gently on her new black shoes.  She really did like how the glowing white laces contrasted with her shoes and pants.  Lilly pulled the bottom of her thin jacket straight, removing a few folds, and zipped it up over the dark gray t-shirt she planned to never show.  She made sure the collar covered her entire neck and slid a black beanie over her head.  The beanie had a snarling smiley face with jagged teeth printed on the front and she made sure the face was angled just right and facing forward. Once she adjusted the convenient protruding rim on the beanie to shade her face, she was ready to leave the house.

Lilly appeared on one of the dirt fields adjacent to the school, still fully amused by her ability to teleport.  She calmly walked across the dirt field and onto the campus fully expecting to be rushed by her friends who would hoard around her asking how death felt, what happened after, if she saw anything, etcetera.  But when she walked down the halls of the school there was no crowd, no one called out to her or even really noticed she was around.  She zigzagged through the hall to her first class seeking her friends, almost wanting the attention for the right to shrug it off and ignore them.  After an unusually long time she found a friend outside of her first class.

“What the hell happened to you Lil?” Kelly asked.  Blunt rudeness was fairly obvious in her voice.

“There was nothing on the news?” Lilly snapped back, peering into the room to see if Sean was there yet.

“Why would you be on the news? Your new look is just depressing.  What happened? Was the break up that bad?”  Kelly’s voice was now cool and calm. Apparently she didn’t make the connection that the break up with her last boyfriend was weeks ago and her clothing change was obviously not related.  But she was a good friend when it came to boy problems. As a matter of fact she thrived off them, probably the reason she right straight to one.  But there was no news about what actually happened? That’s interesting.