Chapter Twenty-Four - To Perm

Vote to Support

Sin’s blackened right pointer finger had grown in size.  Not only that but the nail cracked and split into three points.  Each point was razor sharp and a grimy grey color.  No matter how much he tried to clean the three pronged nail the color wouldn’t waver.  As time progressed the pronged nail continued to change shades.

Though the finger managed to grow in size its thickness varied.  It shrunk in width like most of the muscle had evaporated in the stretch. It was morphing and continued to change daily. He didn’t quite know when this transformation would come to a complete stop or what it would look like when finished.

The building Sin and Thomas worked on daily now had three completed walls and even managed to have working outlets.  The outlets were attached to the single extension cord that was stealing off of the state’s power, they wouldn’t mind.  Thomas and Sin completely abused the unprotected, unmonitored power source.  Thomas had piled bricks and then covered with drywall to even out the floor, yes it wasn’t the ‘right’ way to do it but it was the easiest.  The drywall was then covered with carpet to make a flat surface over the tilted marble that was located there before.  Their remolding and creation of the underground hideout was progressing quite well. When Sin wasn’t stalking Lilly to make sure things worked out he was helping with the hideout. 

His quite shell had broken quite a bit from when he first re-met Lilly in the bathroom at his high school.  She allowed him plenty of freedom to do what he wanted when she didn’t need her, but he always had a dying need to do something helpful—even if it ended up improving the life of a complete stranger hiding in a trash heap.  Maybe this location would become helpful at some point, or maybe he was just working for the sake of working.  Either way, he was getting stuff done.

***

“Russia.”

“What?” Lilly’s head popped up from its locked position on the center of the table.  This table was smaller than the one when she first met this general, and it was a circle.  There was no big meeting or line of obeying soldiers, it was just her and him at the table in a small room—almost like an interrogation room.  Some weird presidential seal was stamped in several colors over the center of the table and the heavily decorated general that gave her the first mission in Egypt was standing across from her.  She was sitting in a metal chair with two red cushions for her butt and back. 

To her far left was the president himself and to the right was a secret service agent she could have sworn she saw before.  Maybe he was the guy with Charles on the first day she met the president.  Both of them were still standing as well. The president and the agent both took their seats around the same time as the standing general explained his first remark.  They nodded as he spoke, as if they already knew the plan.  Of course they already knew the plan.

“Russia.”  The general re-submitted his stern remark.  “This next mission is of great importance.  As we know, an invasion is being planned to attack America on its home turf for mysterious killings in Central Russia.  It’s been three weeks since the attacks started and already almost ninety-five thousand people have been murdered.  The attacks have veered from its previous Eastern path to a slight North-West direction.   Whatever is committing these attacks was not organized by us and in order to prove this I want to track down and kill or destroy whatever is killing the Russian people before it’s too late.

“This is an undercover operation, so make sure to stay hidden.  Once you destroy the killer place its remains at the address listed with the note we will give you.  This is in hope to prove that we were not the masterminds behind the current extermination of the Russian people.  You best not get caught.”  The general finished his instructions and handed her an envelope and a sheet of paper.  The paper had some address on it while the envelope was sealed with the same odd seal that was on the center of the table.