Chapter Twenty-Six - Wrath of Russia

Enjoy - - Vote to support.

----

A week passed, a full week.  Thomas was completely baffled by Sin.  The once great workaholic inhuman Sin went from a frenzy of job after job and improvement after improvement to moping in a corner.  He hardly talked—he wouldn’t move, and there was a good chance Sin has even eaten anything in some time.  Something terrible must have happened, something only Sin was aware of.

Thomas unsure of what to do for Sin, mostly because he was afraid of the reaction if something went wrong, tried his best to comfort Sin during the week.  After all he didn’t want to anger the already depressed super-human—Darth as Sin called it.  He did stick the occasional meal in the corner and managed to get him to say a few words.  Those words being ‘She’s gone, I can’t finder her, she’s gone,” over and over.  Whoever she was, she meant a lot.

Little had progressed in their hideout since Sin flipped out around a week ago.  First he was calm.  He paced a bit and ignored whatever was bothering him, maybe assuming whatever went wrong would solve itself in a hour or two.  He continued to work but with less speaking than his normal silent self.  Then around the third day he cracked, he flipped out—almost put a hole in the wall then dropped the wooden two by four in his hand and huddled in the corner.  Now it was the start of the seventh day since Sin’s depressing change.

Sin stood up, something he stopped doing quite some time ago.  Thomas lifted his head from the aged laptop in front of him.  He didn’t speak.  Sin had a smile on his face.  Whatever was bothering him changed.  He almost looked excited. 

Thomas also got a glance at Sin’s pointer finger—that one that’s been changing day-to-day it appeared as if it had finally come to completion.  The grimy previously grey triple pronged nail had now gone silver.  The silver nail was shaped like a blade.  The three prongs grew back into each other, each varying in size. The longest middle one was straight and pointed, it was probably very sharp as well the tip as fine as a needle tip.  The left and right prongs grew back into the first one and straightened out as well, causing the very thin center prong to appear much thicker. 

About an inch down the six inch blade was the first tip of the first of the two other prongs, it carved inward ever-so slightly to form its own point.  An inch after that the second of the two sides curved inwards too.  With all parts combined the blade was six inches long with a needle tip, it was about half an inch thick with two curved claws on the inside.  The bottom end of the knife was most confusing—his flesh and finger oddly fused and intertwined into the metal-like blade like some mad-scientist experiment. The original finger was completely gone.   Thomas hasn’t yet seen Sin use the fully developed blade, but he has seen it during various stages accidently slice through wood like a steak knife on butter—so it was very dangerous, he knew that much.

“I got a job!” Sin said, sounding way too cheerful what was bugging him wasn’t anymore.  At that Sin vanished from Thomas’s presence.  He still never understood how Sin could know of things like the missing girl or this job. But he was just glad that finger wasn’t used on him.

***

Sin recounted the directions he was given.  His sudden shut down was the result of losing all contact with his Mistress for an entire week, no explanation one second she was there—the next—gone.  He was glad that without warning she contacted him—he knew she was okay, he felt she was okay.   He knew what she told him.  He was going to Russia. 

He had to find this General named Nikon. He needed to track Nikon and his friends.  He needed to find and keep tabs on everyone who has the button device like Nikon.  Once he confirms the number of devices he was ordered to slaughter the friends, family, soldiers, and anyone else who gets close to the people wielding the devices.  He was told to never get seen by the people with the devices and to never hurt them.