Chapter Fifteen- Mistress and Sin

Vote to Support!

Lilly came out of her jump in a dimly lit underground passage: the sewer.  The single storm gutter above was the only source of light, but with her improved vision it was all she needed.  Lilly pushed Sean away from her, exhausted, and tried to stand.  The best she could do was get onto her hands and knees. She crawled a few feet away from him on her hands before turning around and collapsing against a moist wall.  As she sunk into a seated position the blood covering her clothing smeared against the wall.  She was extremely tired, just like the last time she lost a lot of blood.  And like last time all she wanted to do was sleep.  But she couldn’t yet.

She forced herself onto all fours again and crawled over to Sean’s body which was lying still on the cold concrete moss infested ground.  She shoved her fingers past his bloodied blue shirt and rested her hand on his chest.  It felt warm. The feeling of his slow heartbeat filled her hand and vibrated up her arm.  His heart was a lot faster than hers; she wasn’t sure if what she did even worked. He seemed to be beating well above her normal heartbeat.

Satisfied he was at least alive she set her head on the cold concrete and her eyes drifted shut in an instant.  Her hand remained on Sean’s chest, unconsciously checking his heartbeat.

***

He fingered pointlessly though the channels.  Now there was nothing left for him to do now, he destroyed the only threat against him.  The only thing left now was to wait, bored.  He stopped on a channel as the large ‘Breaking News’ white letters surrounded by large red boarders scrolled across the bottom in of the screen.  It was probably some crap they were forced to report due to the lack of any news worthy items as of late.  But the bold letters did their job and prevented him from wavering too far from the channel.

With full intentions to go back to the breaking news he flipped the channels real quick to finish his survey of the world-wide news.   He noticed the same broadcast on another channel—a broadcast on two different channels, maybe it was actually breaking news.  He flipped back to the first channel, it was the middle of the afternoon in the city the news station was broadcasting from.  It must be something slightly bigger than the normal news.  He pushed the guide button and noticed a row of drama re-runs the newscast interrupted. 

He turned the volume off mute as the screen flipped to a female reporter with blond hair and a decent tan sitting behind a desk at the broadcasting station.  She was reporting, “As we continue to follow this story—early this morning the station received a tape of a murder caught on a cell phone camera.  This murder as reviewed by our professionals is considered as ‘un-human,” she paused and pulled an earpiece out of her ear.  The newscaster turned to the side and started talking to someone off the screen as the camera went black. 

A few seconds later it flipped to a man located outside of a bathroom at what appeared to be a school.  “Blood was reported to be just about everywhere—on campus security said they had cornered the murderer and victim in one of the stalls but they somehow managed to get away.  They vanished out of thin air as one officer stated.  The campus went on lockdown soon after, but has the students have since been released, no other injuries were reported.”

The screen flipped once again to the female in the newscast room.  The presentation of this news was obviously unorganized and confused.  “Thank you Tom.” She said to the man as she turned to the camera, “This graphic recording will be shown right here on this channel in a few moments.  We’re still unsure if this is a recording of a murder or some sort of publicity stunt for an oncoming film.  The actions the murderer takes are, unreal.” 

The screen flashed back then turned back on as an out of focus cell phone camera pointed at a white and blue tiled wall.  Several voices where whispering behind the camera, “You are totally lying Mik, a girl wouldn’t go into the bathroom to kill someone.”