Chapter Eighteen - Away from You

It had been two hours since Mistress Damned entered the White House.  But Sin could feel it; she was safe—and for the time, alone.  He wanted to see her he really couldn’t stand being away from her, as much as she said they couldn’t be together.  He jumped to her.  He appeared in a bathroom, his Mistress was bent over the faucet with her mouth in the low powered stream coming out.  Blood poured out into the drain as she frantically tried to clean out a small cut in her mouth.  He stood to the side quietly, unsure of what to do.  “Go get some paper towels from that dispenser next to the sink,” she ordered, without even turning around to acknowledge his appearance.  He did as she told him and handed her a few sheets. 

She shoved the sheets into her mouth after shutting the water off and rubbed them along the cut.  Once satisfied she removed the towels and handed them to Sin who tossed the handful into a small can under the sink. She stood up and took in a deep breath, the fang cut was still bleeding slightly but most of it had stopped, that was good.  It looked like she cleaned it out, at least enough to be manageable.  

“Hello Sin,” she greeted him formally, “Looks like I’m going out of the country for a while,” she glanced over his left hand.  His pointer finger was a few shades darker than the rest of his fingers.  The nail had grown slightly further than the rest of his nails.  She smiled, finding his mark as a Darth. “Go find someone who no one would miss, kill them, and dump their body a few thousand miles off the cost, use that nail.” She pointed down at the darkened finger, “Then I got an Secret Service man I want you to kill a few days after I leave for whatever country I’m being sent to.  Make sure his body is never found either.”

“Yes Mistress,” he responded.

“I’m opening the door now,” she said heading for the bathroom door, “shoo.” She waved her hands at Sin as he vanished. She weeded her hands through her hair as if trying to admire the highlights in the mirror then opened the door.

“Better?” Charles questioned, impatient.

“Yes, looks like the bleeding stopped.”  She flashed a fake smile at Charles and let him take the lead.

The pair weaved through the halls which kept going slowly down until she was sure they were underground.  The halls underground looked newer.  They were probably built sometime during the Third World War, almost twenty years ago now.  Terror frightened many countries to build hidden underground passages such as this.

***

A dark room, a long table, and lights hanging far above their heads dimly glowing down, she was certainly in some sort of hidden underground conference room. The walls were dark concrete and sucked away all the light.  It probably doubled as a bomb shelter, and even more interesting, full of important people.  She was dragged to a meeting, and sat at the head of the table.  A heavily decorated general sat at the other end with every possible leader and advisor to him along the countless chairs that lined the sides of the table.  Everyone in the room wore uniforms with medals proudly pinned to them.  Lilly felt underdressed in a jacket spoiled with her own blood.

The general at the far end of the table spoke after a long silence that occurred when Lilly entered the already full room with Charles, “So, we have new means to the matter at hand,” his voice echoed through the room only slightly. The decorated men closest to Lilly leaned closer to the table to see around the others and to make sure they didn’t miss any information.  Lilly leaned back in her chair and gazed only slightly at the general.

The general went right to the point without even acknowledging Lilly’s presence, “The fortress has been a known illegal weapon distribution center for an unknown cult located in the Sahara Desert.  The fort was used heavily to smuggle weapons from the Slash Federation to Firo during World War Three.  Previously this location was too heavily guarded and fortified for us to make a successful attack without alerting other countries of our presence.  We couldn’t be quick enough to avoid alerting the Egyptian government of our soldiers in their land.  Now, if our newest recruit is up to the task we have been allowed to drop a single assassin off a few hundred miles from the fortress.  The plan is to have this single assassin remove all the cult members guarding the fortress with no American casualties, then attempt to steal or destroy all known paperwork and weapons that may be stashed at the location.”