Chapter Twenty-Five - The Freezing Cold

On time (yay) Vote and support - ps. if you notice anything wrong with a description here, thats intentional please don't rage comment about how I messed up XD

----

Throbbing, cold—freezing cold.  She struggled and couldn’t seem to open her eyes. The cold was so intense she was unable to move her eyelids.  It felt as if they were frozen shut.  She needed to get her hand up to wipe the ice off, but it wouldn’t move either.  She could feel her head softly throbbing from a point on her forehead, that point was the only source of heat she could sense.  Her forehead was the only part of her body she could feel. 

She struggled to open her eyes again, to try and break the ice that was holding them shut.  Her lack of strength prevented that; she simply couldn’t open her eyes.  She moved her head forward slightly.  She felt something frozen and solid make contact with her throbbing head.  The only source of warmth she had quickly ceased.  Her mind was no longer able to keep running with the current temperatures.  The ice numbed her body back down into a deep slumber.

Scraping.  Her eyes shot open with a startled shake, nothing was blocking them.  She was facing a stone wall.  The wall was covered with inches of clear ice.  She was still unable to move her body but was able to move her head just slightly as if to trace where the freezing cold breeze was coming from.  Her eyes followed the ice covered wall until she spotted at metal grate, a window.  She saw nothing behind the window except white.  Only a slight sliver of blue was above the white.  From that sliver she could see specks of the white blowing in past the wall and drifting slowly down to the ground.  But the ground wasn’t covered in white like it was outside, but instead a thick clear mush of liquid and frozen solid. 

She looked back down at the wall, and tried to move her head to see her own body.  Her brittle frozen hair scraped across the stone ground, it must have been what woke her up.  Her skin was covered in white sprinkles that refused to melt.  Finally she saw her fingers.  A thick layer of ice covered them.  With all her strength she managed to contract a single finger, she watched as the ice casing cracked and fell off.  The pale skin quickly changed to red as a fire burned in her finger, a fire she couldn’t escape from.  Her eyes glanced over the other hand, which was resting very close to the first—it was in the same sort of situation—her pale skin covered in a thin layer of ice.

She had to find out where she was, it was starting to look like some sort of cell.  She carefully turned her head for the roof.  The roof was covered with hundreds of icicle spears dangling so delicately a single strong gust would have blown them all down.  She kept turning her head, her cheek made contact with the ground.  There was a large gate in front of her that went across the entire side of the cell opposite of the iced over wall she was up against.  The door in the center of the gate was left open. She could have easily escaped if she could have simply figured out how to get up. 

As her breathing elevated and she could begin to feel warmth return to her limbs the throbbing in her head started up again.  The throbbing rushed faster and faster and turned into searing pain. Lightheadedness engulfed her body as she felt her worn out eyes close.  She was afraid of the darkness, afraid that her eyes would never open again.  But her fear didn’t stop her mind from going blank.

Awake.  The throbbing managed to knock her back to consciousness.  She flinched as a large boot slammed into the mushy ice in front of her shooting shavings and water into her face.  She felt pressure on one of her arms as a pair of legs moved passed her eyesight.  Someone squeezed down on her other arm and she was lifted off the ground.  As her head dangled down too cold and weak to keep up something sparkled on the wrist of her left hand.  Her arm was then pulled away from her eyesight and her other one, still in a glove to cover the bone, came into sight.