Chapter Twenty-Seven - Everything Falls Apart

Sorry for short chapter, though I really liked the chapters 23-25, this one (and following/previous) I don't as much, I'm going to eventually blend the parts (Lilly, Sin, Lucas) into 1 chapter each (longer) and stop cutting them up as they are now, I think it's messy and ugly.  But after starting at the screen way to long thinking of ways to fix it I realized I left all you readers hanging!  Here is a short chapter for now, I'll leave as is on wattpad but rehaul my next update. Sorry, hope everyone can bare with this short, ugly, chapter!

----

Sin found out the name of the man that met with Emilia, Sir Kelton.  He, interestingly enough, wasn’t born a Russian but rather an immigrant from Iraq.  Kelton’s parents helped the Russians during their invasion of Iraq in the Cold War.  In fact, this man’s father led the Russian front against the underground Iraqi resistance for almost two years.  They chose him as the third wielder because of his stern rule and deep rooted connections with the Iraqi leadership, he was the outsider.  This man, if ever needed, was the operations best interest if something foul happened and they needed to leave Russia.  The entire operation feared America would send more of their monsters into Russia as a counter attack to the assassinations.  If this case became true the entire community would be able to easily evacuate to Iraq—underground forts that would be almost impossible to locate.  If the situation grew too intense and Mother Russia itself was in jeopardy Kelton was the person to keep the operation active.

Being an Iraqi in Russia had its advantages for Kelton. No matter how much Sin followed the man he couldn’t track down or find any close friends or allies to Sir Kelton.  All his roots lay in another country, one he’s currently not in and has no visible connections with at the time.  Not only that but this man was strong, there would probably be no breaking him with hurting his friends or family anyways.  He was strict, the kind of guy one would expect to beat his closest friend for making a mistake.  Ruining him would be the hardest of the three by far.  Sin had no dirt on this man, unless he can get a lucky break and follow him to his connections in Iraq there was really nothing he could do that wouldn’t violate his Mistresses orders.

Sin decided to keep close track of the man in Moscow but for now he had to deal with the one he knew he could break.  Emilia was going to suffer, he found out so much.

***

Lilly didn’t appear in a quite city of New York like she did the first time.  This time she appeared in a city of utter chaos. The calm yet busy city of New York turned into a disaster overnight with the news of the dead president.  People covered the streets.  Police struggled to keep them at bay.  Every TV she saw was tuned to different channels. TV’s in stores, restaurants, even TV’s in cars and the electric bulletin boards along the buildings where all on.  Every channel had the exact same broadcast.  People crowded the TV’s while cars were left deserted in the streets.  It was the vice president making a statement about last night’s assassination. “We mourn the loss of our great leader President Whattson and WILL find who was responsible behind this attack!” A cheer erupted from a crowd not pictured on the screen.  Lilly paused outside of a convenient store and watched the broadcast.

The camera was scrolling over a large crowd growing around the reflecting pool at Washington DC. The camera stopped and zoomed into a single person on the top of the steps of the Lincoln Memorial.  Behind the person was at least twenty plastic chairs full of elder men in suits.  It was the vice president giving a speech.  He was in Washington DC, making it much too easy for her to find him.  He didn’t hide like Lilly warned, pity.  She vanished off the street without a single person noticing. 

Lilly reappeared on the white concrete of the Lincoln Memorial.  She held a gun up in her outstretched hand.  While taking strides towards the Vice President she pulled the trigger. Crack! It was a direct shot just above his ear.  Her chest and stomach fizzled into smoke and she re-angled the gun continuing her fast walk.  The Secretary of State was sitting in a chair behind the Vice president.  Crack! The gun went off a second time.  Lilly turned to the large shocked crowd below and yelled, “Your country is dead!” she vanished.  That’s two targets down, now she had to track down only three more.