Chapter Forty-Two - It's all in the Transcript

Enjoy - and Vote :)

A month passed with no sign of Lilly she just, vanished.  It was impossible for Sin to find her.  It was like she just vanished off the face of the Earth.  He tried everything, he went to every place she’d been, searched every nook and cranny of the world, and even tried to feel his way to her—but all he ever felt was pain and suffering, agonizing day-after-day of relentless suffering.  Her agony is what let Sin know she was still alive, somewhere, but it also blocked him from being able to actually track down where she was mentally like he normally could. 

She’s been blurred by pain before like when she attacked the Egyptian fort, or when she passed out over the Atlantic ocean, but in both cases the sharp pain led him right to her, to save her.  But both those instances had starts to them that he could go to, this time she went dark in Cario and by the time he got there to see where she went she was already gone.  He then remembered her waking up in that same darkness, then needles, fire, scars which seemed to appear as fast as they could mend.  She was hurting and he couldn’t do anything to help her.

It drove him mad.  The first week or so he took it out on Thomas, almost killing the poor man for not being able to track her down, but he stopped that right before the last of Tom’s air was squeezed out of his throat, it really wasn’t Tom’s fault—and he could be more of a help than a nuisance anyways.  It appeared Tom’s little pamphlet made him a kind of celebrity.  No one knew who “T” was, but all he had to do was send out a few words through his venues of conversation and half the world would know what he said by nightfall. 

Sure the first time getting it out was a bit difficult, but now people were actively searching for the next moment of news from “T” he became famous.  By the time a month had passed “T” put out many notifications and letters, he made it clear over and over that Lilly wasn’t gone, she wasn’t dead—to always be aware.  In doing so he created a sort of “Lilly Watch” a first alert sort of thing in where the first sighting of her—the entire world knew what she looked like by now—would be broadcasted out warning everyone she had returned. 

Now this first alert to most people was a defensive mechanism to warn the world more death than what was already happening was coming, to tell people to hide and protect themselves.  But to Thomas and Sin this first alert was meant simply to find her, to get her back into their fold and save her from whatever suffering she’s going through. 

To the rest of the world her ghouls were after all still very active, killing millions a day.  Even if Redeme found secret a way to kill them off slowly the country had no interest of helping the rest of the world—self-preservation they called it.  But even with the semi-effective way of actually killing the ghouls tens of millions were still being killed daily.  News reports filling in estimated at this rate the extinction of the human race in around eight months—her ghouls were still killing close to a billion people a month and there was nothing the world could do to stop it as far as they knew

On the twenty-second day of Lilly’s disappearance Redeme sent a 5,000 man operation into the heavily infested Indian territories on a field test of their ghoul killing strategies.  This field test was already full proof, the country having killed off almost every ghoul within its borders, including the fifty Lilly created in the Italian orphanage some time ago.  Their trial in India was more a show to the world of what they can do.

The 5,000 soldiers knew full well they were on a suicide mission, each of them having a tiny bomb planted on their heart before their departure.  Even if someone managed to live the slaughter it was a well-known fact the body slowly broke down the implanted bombs releasing chemicals into the body causing death overtime after they had been planted.  Now, most would see this as a pointless slaughter, but the small contingent of suicide soldiers did one thing, they were able to kill almost a hundred ghouls in the four days they were active.  This proved to the world there was hope of survival after all.