Chapter Thirty-One - Gun Games

Hello all - long (way to long) time no see!  Now as you may know to be qualified for the watty rewards this needs to be done by the 31st.  Now I've been working really hard and plan to meet that goal. so expect a chapter-a-day until the 31st.  Don't forget to vote and check back daily - I would love this to be in the top 15 again for the remainder of the month, that way its fresh in everyones mine when voting starts.

Eight hours passed before Lilly finally spotted the rushing mob of vehicles trying to escape Russia.  But she was in no rush to meet up with its leader Sir Kelton.  It was obvious the vehicles were not in danger at the moment.  They were, in fact, in the middle of nowhere.  She doubted that the Russian government was even after Kelton.  Most likely they were investigating the crash and death of the president with his closest officials about an hour out of St. Petersburg and that couldn’t be further away from the Kazakhstan boarder the caravan was rapidly approaching.

Darkness covered Lilly like a blanket; they had moved south enough to be out of the snow covered tundra so everything was dark.  Lilly moved her hands away from her side and arched them out as if to hug the thin air in front of her. But she didn’t hug the air. A person appeared in her arms. Twigs snapped off the branches of a leafless shrub just under the clutched pair as Lilly whispered into the ear of the person she refused to let go, “Oh, how I missed you Sean.”

“Mistress,” he grunted back as he wrapped his arms around her to return the comfort.

She lifted her head up and rested it on his shoulder.  She didn’t want to let go, she didn’t want this moment to end, but knew it had to.  Lilly had grown even fonder of Sin over their extended separation.  She hadn’t seen Sin since that day she met him in the bathroom just after she bit herself. She was so cold to him back then—disgusted with what she did to him.  She never knew their disconnection would drag on for almost a month. She regretted not holding him tight back then, not getting the comfort she could before he vanished from sight.

“I haven’t seen you for so long.” She spoke from her spot on his shoulder.

Sin tilted his head and rested it on top of hers, “I yearned to see you again my Mistress. Has everything I done been to your desire?”

He sounded like a brainwashed robot, his emotions were there—but buried under his innate need to please Lilly. She didn’t like that.  All she wanted now was someone to hold, someone to love, her dominating ideal from before had deeply changed—as the saying goes—shit happens. She didn’t want a follower anymore, she wanted a partner. “Be my partner, my lover.” She whispered, tightening her grip on his waist and pushing her cheek against his neck.

Almost as if his programming changed his tense body relaxed at the new order.  His hold on her went from trying to comfort her back to a genuine hug. “Anything for you,” his voice was kind and lost the ‘I’m speaking to a leader’ vibe in it.  But still, programed to do what she wanted, it was downright bothersome, nothing she could do about it now.

She lifted her head up and pulled away from the hug.  After a few steps she looked up and down his body.  He was wearing long blue jeans along with a short sleeve black shirt. Wherever he came from it must have been warmer. She noticed several bumps up and down his arms.  The next to freezing temperatures of the Russian night had even his cool body shaking.  But he made no motion to shield himself from the cold.

She took particular notice of the pointer finger on his left hand, more so the sparkling silver blade that replaced his finger, that was just darkened skin when she last saw him. His powers had finally evolved. She was curious how it worked.  Lilly pointed at his hand, and he lifted it up for her to examine.  He bent his finger up as she admired the now four inch shining blade. The blade was pointed but had two more curved points an inch from the top and an inch from that.  It looked like it was not only designed to cut, but also to shred.  Dangerous indeed. She grabbed his arm with her left hand and lifted her right up, as if to touch the tip of the blade.