Chapter 37

Wattpad is glitching so IDK if u see it too or just me but these words are big af

Literally I took a pic of it that I attached bc this is weird af

~Family~

"Alright Kellin, are you ready?" Agent Perry asked once the plane landed and I shook my head.

"N-not really no." I stammered, my heart was pounding in my chest but at the same time it felt like someone had it in a tight grip and was squeezing it tight in their fist. My palms were growing slick with sweat and it was starting to get difficult to breathe not to mention I felt like I was going to pass out any second now.

"Why not? Don't you miss them?" She asked and I just shook my head.

"I don't know them," I whispered quietly. "Daddy's the only family I've ever had."

Technically that's a lie but I can't tell her about Vic or Tony or Ariel. Or Oliver or Matty who I pretty much think of as those over protective uncles or something.

"You know you don't have to call him that anymore right?" She said, "He's not your father."

"I-it's a habit," I said and she stood up with me following her lead as she and Agent Preciado led me out of the plane and into the airport.

"It's okay if you feel overwhelmed but remember they haven't seen you in thirteen years and they're probably going to be... overjoyed to see you." Agent Preciado said and I nodded.

"W-what if they hurt me?" I whimpered and Agent Perry rubbed my back soothingly.

"Don't worry Sweetie, they've missed you a lot and they just want to make up for that lost time."

I bit my lip and nodded and looked around when I saw a giant crowd standing a ways away.

"A-are those cameras?" I asked my panic rising.

"Just ignore them," Agent Preciado told me as he started pushing past reporters and camera men.

"Kellin! Kellin! What was it like being held captive all these years?"

"Did he rape you?"

"We're you beaten?"

"Is he the one who did that to you?"

"Just block them out," Agent Perry whispered in my ear and I nodded as the two agents led me to a room with a giant window, when I looked in I could see that there were three people waiting. A tall man was pacing the room nervously, while one woman had a teddy bear clutched tight in her hand ,and there was a girl about my age who just looked like she was going to have a complete panic attack at any moment.

This was my family.

"Are you ready?"

I shook my head, "Not really. Bu-but it's now or never huh?"

She nodded and opened the door for me and left me in there with people who may as well be complete strangers. The woman- my mom- noticed me first and stood up slowly.

"K-Kellin?" She asked and I nodded not really sure what to say. Before I knew it she tackled me in a hug that almost knocked me to the floor. "Oh my sweet baby."

I awkwardly started to pat her back slowly, I know this is supposed to be some super emotional thing. I've seen movies and Criminal Minds, the kidnapped person breaks into tears and they have a tearful reuniting type thing but this wasn't a show. And I honestly don't feel anything, yes this is my family but I don't know them.

"H-hi," I whispered quietly, should I do it? Fuck it. "Hi mom."

This only made the woman cry and squeeze me even more making me groan. Jesse had kicked me a few times when I got in trouble and my ribs are really sore.

"Ca-can you let go? Please?" I whimpered trying not to cry. I can't handle this, I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I sighed, this woman- my mom, why is it so hard to call her that? My mom wasn't going to budge so I just decided to do what I did with Jesse when he would act all loving.

"I'm so sorry baby," She whispered and I hugged her tight.

"It's okay Mama, it's not your fault." I said quietly and nuzzled my face against her neck. I remember this, I remember her perfume. I always thought it smelt so good and would go in her room and smell it.

It was Eternity by Calvin Klein.

My dad and I would get it for her every year for Mother's Day I think.

I giggled, "You smell like Eternity still."

"You remember?" She asked her voice cracking a little and I nodded pulling away from her iron grip. She didn't look familiar to me whatsoever, none of them did but that smell. It took me back to when I was young. It was one of those smells that just stayed with you forever. "Oh you've gotten so handsome." My mom said brushing my hair out of my face. The tall man, my dad walked towards us and smiled.

"My god you look just like your mother," He said smiling at me. "And your sister."

"Well they are twins dear."

"Twins?" I asked confused and looked over at the girl who was just sitting there awkwardly.

(Yes I know they aren't actually twins.)

"You don't remember your sister?" My mom asked and I nodded.

"I-I remember a sister but no-not a twin." I stammered trying to wrack my brain, I don't remember her at my birthday party. Why can't I remember her? I remember a sister but nothing about her.

"Great, I'm the only one he doesn't know." My sister said slumping in her seat.

I pulled away from my mom.

"I-I know this seems weird to ask but... what are your names?" I asked crossing my arms close to my chest. "I don't- I don't remember."

"Yo-you don't remember?" My mom asked her voice breaking.

"No... I'm sorry."

"My name is Robert," My dad said. "I'm your dad, this is your mom, Lisa. And that's your sister Kaylee."

I nodded and looked around at all of them.

"I'm sorry," I told them and went to one of the chairs and sat down. This was getting to be too much, I felt like my heart was going to burst from my chest at any second.

"Kellin, it's okay we understand." Robert said rubbing my shoulder. I flinched away from him and he frowned withdrawing his hand.

"Sorry," I mumbled again. "I don't really know you guys and I should because you're my family but I just don't."

Lisa sighed and sat next to me taking my hand, "It's okay Kellin, we understand. You've been with that horrible man for so long. But when we get home you can just get situated."

"Yeah, we can't wait to have you home with us." Robert said and I frowned. I'm twenty three, most twenty three year olds don't live with their parents.

I looked over at Kaylee, "Do you live with them?"

She shook her head, "I moved out six years ago." She stated. "But, it'd probably be a good idea if you lived with mom and dad for a while so you can get back on your feet and figure things out or whatever."

"Okay."

"How about we just go home now?" Lisa said and helped me up.

I nodded and followed them out while Robert or well my dad -God that's weird to think of someone besides Jesse as my father- shielded us from all of the reporters, well with the help of Agents Preciado and Perry. This whole thing felt like some crazy dream or something. I was half expecting to just wake up in my bedroom with Ariel jumping on top of me telling me that Vic was horny and I needed to be prepped or something.

I followed after my family to a big, black SUV and sighed.

When did my life take such a drastic turn?