Halloween Hugs

Halloween was finally here. 

I woke this morning, on the couch instead of my bed. Now replaying last night in my head, I remember Rhett and I watching Bob's Burgers and eating french fries. I guess I must have fallen asleep.

The daylight was shining through the open window and Rhett was at the kitchen table typing away on his laptop.

"Good morning," he said, taking a sip from his mug, "How'd you sleep?"

I sat up slowly, pushing my hair back out of my face, "Soundly. Did I crash?"

He smiled, "Hard. You were out by the third episode and I didn't want to wake you. So I just left you there."

"Thank you. Sorry for falling asleep. Long day I guess."

I stood, wrapping the blanket I assume Rhett had placed on me around my body. "Whatcha doing?"

He shrugged, "Searching for a job."

"Any luck?"

He sighed, shaking his head disappointingly.

"You'll find one soon enough. Hey, what time is it?"

He looked at his watch, "12."

I groaned, "Why did you let me sleep so late?"

He shrugged, "It's Saturday, and you're a teenager. I'll let you hibernate for now."

I laughed, sitting at the table. 

He closed the laptop, starring at me. "Ready for our 'party''?" he said, adding quotations around the party part.

"Why the air quotes?"

He smiled, "Three people watching movies together doesn't seem like a party," he laughed, "That's more like a get-together."

I thought about it, "Well, what about six people watching movies together?"

He shrugged, "Still seems like a get together but it's close. But something tells me you know something I don't know."

"Well, I was going to tell you yesterday, but...you know. I invited some friends and they said they'd love to come."

He smiled wide, "Really? That's great. I can't wait to meet them."

I smiled, "And I can't wait for Link to get here. You guys really hit it off with each other, you know?"

His skin went red, almost immediately after hearing Link's name. 

"What makes you say that?" 

I laughed, "Rhett, you can not tell me you don't have a crush on that man."

Rhett sat straighter, his grin growing slowly, "Pride -"

"You can tell me."

He sighed, giving in. "Okay, so what. I may have a tiny bit of a crush on him."

I giggled, happy to hear him admit it. 

"I just think you two should...I don't know...Go on a date..."

Rhett stood up, grabbing his laptop, "Pride, I could never -"

"No. Don't say it."

He frowned, "Say what?"

"Don't say you could never ask him on a date. Because you can. And you just might by the time I'm finished with you."

He shook his head, "Nope, nope."

I stood, walking towards the bathroom, "We'll see."

---

After showering and getting dressed, I finished off an essay I had to write for history, then drowned myself in a book. It had been a while since I read a good book, and honestly, I missed the feeling. The feeling of stepping into another world. A world with a destination, but more importantly a journey.