Desmond's Letter

That night I sat in bed, Desmond's letter sitting before me. I knew it was just a letter but it felt as if he was here, lingering over my shoulder. Breathing down on my neck like the pig he is.

Rhett went to bed about an hour ago. He had work really early the next morning, so I understood.

I laid back, wrapping myself in my blankets. I grabbed the letter, twiddling it between my fingers. Taking a deep breath, I opened it, and pulled out a single sheet of notebook paper.

The handwriting was clean, pristine. I recognized it almost instantly.

Pride, 

I don't really know where to begin. I guess I should start by saying I'm sorry. I know that means nothing to you, and I completely understand. What I did was so wrong. 

I don't want you to forgive me. I wouldn't if I were in your position.

I just hope this doesn't haunt you for the rest of your life. You don't deserve that.

Thanks for letting me roll by scotch free. I really didn't deserve it.

Sorry again...So so sorry.

-Desmond

I read the letter at least three times over before putting it back in the envelope. I didn't really know what to think.

That night was still playing in my head like a movie. And all I wanted to do was rip it out and destroy it.

Eventually some memories fade, but this one would forever be a part of me. A haunting memory.

--

I had been thinking about grandma a lot more recently.

I missed her. I missed her more than I could bare.

She would have told me what to do about Desmond. She would have had the best advice for dealing with Melanie. And she wouldn't forget to tell me she loved me in between.

I remember all the nights I couldn't sleep in my own bed, so I went to hers. She held me close, singing lullabies to me. She made me feel like the worlds brightest star even when I knew I wasn't. 

I honestly felt like a jerk. 

I hadn't been to her grave since she was buried. I have barely taken the time to sit down and grieve, but I figure that will come in due time.

On another note, I was happy with my life. If I were being honest with myself, grandma would love where I'm at. She would kiss Rhett millions of times on his cheek just to say thank you.

She would tell me how proud she was of me. She would tell me how strong I was. She would be just like I remembered her. A sweet, caring woman who gave me a reason and taught me what love really meant.

--------------

Don't really know how I feel about this chapter but this was just a little filler. That's all.

Hope you guys enjoyed!

Thanks for reading!

Always remember to be your mythical best!

-Robin

Adopting Pride | Rhett & LinkOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara