First Date

AN: 

So I decided that you guys would like a little more Rhett and Link, and while this story is from Pride's point of view, I felt that this chapter wouldn't be very successful from that perspective. So I decided that I'd write this very cute chapter from Link's point of view instead. Hope you guys love this!

-----

I still can't believe I did it. I finally grew some balls and asked him out on a date. 

I shouldn't say I'm proud of myself, but I am. I've never been good at expressing my self or even asking for the things I want, but sometimes you want something too damn much. And you'd be stupid not to go for it.

I've wanted Rhett since the day I met him. He always stuck out to me. He was so stunning, so tall, so manly. Something I'd always found attractive. He was always so nice to me, and patient, and when he'd brush up against my arm, I'd notice. I'd take in that split second of warm skin touching mine and something about it made me want him even more. He was perfect to me. 

I loved hearing his stories and about his past. And I loved that he never mind telling me. He trusted me.

When I asked him, I didn't know what to expect. As a gay man, I liked to think I could tell that he was gay too, but you can never assume. Part of me was nervous that he wasn't, and that maybe he'd resent me, or stop giving me his time of day. But he just smiled and gave me a whispered yes. 

I knew from then on that this wasn't a game I was playing with myself. This was real life and I want to catch him, just like he had caught me.

----

I knew going into this that I was a poor man, and I knew that I couldn't afford to take Rhett out to dinner and to a movie. I couldn't really afford anything to be honest. I got him a bouquet of flowers to ask him out but I used all the change in my car for that.

I was nervous of the night I had planned for Rhett. He deserved something special. But I just couldn't afford it.

So I come up with something I found special. Something personal but special. After hearing Rhett's stories, something told me he would like tonight's events. Or at least I hoped so.

---

I picked him up around 7, wearing a pair of red skinny jeans, a blue button up and a bow-tie. I made sure to clean my glasses extra well, just so I could see him better throughout the night. Something told me I would never want to forget this moment.

When he opened the door, I felt my breath hitch in my throat.

This is actually happening. Damn he's hot. This is actually happening. Fuck, he looks good.

Rhett stood before me looking absolutely stunning. He was perfect.

"Good evening," I choked out, still eyeing Rhett's ensemble. 

"Hello, Link," he said, stepping out onto the porch. He looked at me then, eyeing my body. I could tell he was impressed.

"You clean up nice," he said, adjusting my bow-tie. I smirked, holding my hand out, "Thank you, sir. And as for you, I must say, you look stunning."

Rhett took my hand. I felt my body tense up, but I quickly relaxed into the warmth of his hand.

"How are you?" he asked as I lead him to my car. I looked over and just nodded, a smile the size of Texas playing on my face.

I lead Rhett to the passengers side of the car, and opened the door for him. He thanked me and managed to fit his giant body into the small vehicle.