Chapter 2

LaceUpMGK.....I dedicate the second chapter to you!

"Well let me take you back to when I was in college. Do you remember that trip I took just before my last year?" Mykaela nodded her head in acknowledgment so I continued.

FLASHBACK

There I was in Miami. Me and some college friends just got on a plane heading for Miami for the summer. We are about to start our last year in college and I needed sometime away. I had just broken up with my high school sweetheart. Honestly, we shouldn't have made it as long as we did. We only got together in our senior year. A fluke is what that was. We bonded over college and the fact we were headed to the same one. Text book momma's boy is what he was. He actually called his mom for sex advice while we were in the middle of said act. That was the last straw for me.

I was in one of the local malls doing a little shopping. You know getting in my needed 'me time'. We all made plans to catch up later at the beach. I was headed to the music store. When I rounded the corner my eyes landed on the really long line that wrapped around the corner I stopped in my steps. Great! Just great. All I wanted to do was grab a few CDs.

I walk toward the music store anyway to see what all the fuss is about. My eyes popped out of their sockets when I looked in side. Then my jaw dropped to the floor when I saw my friend Chester talking to him! I reminded myself to calm down and take deep breaths.

Once I was calm enough I tapped on the glass lightly. Chester turned around at the noise. His eyes just about jumped out of their sockets when he saw me. I waved innocently enough for him to come out. They conversed for a second and then they both walked out. Chester looked some what uncomfortable. "Hey Asia. I forgot you were coming to the mall. I want you to meet a friend of mine. This is Nathan Kane. Nathan this is my good friend Asia Washington." I instantly held my hand out to him. "Nice to meet you Nathan." He took the hand I offered and smiled. "Nice to meet you too Asia." He pulled his hand away at the same time I did. "So you came here with Chester. Are you his girlfriend?" I had to laugh at his teasing voice. Chester doesn't do 'girlfriends'. "Of course not. He's a man whore." Nathan laughed with me as Chester feigned hurt.

"So, what are you doing here? I mean in Miami. Do you live here?" His expression is sort of a mix of confusion and surprise. "I'm just performing at this club. Not to far from here. I couldn't live in Miami. I would never get any work done. Women here are too damn hot." I smiled at that. Such a typical boy answer. Then confusion played across his handsome features. "What?" I asked on a smile. "Well, normally girls ask me all about my brother." He tilted his head over. My eyes followed his movement into the store. Where none other than Marshall "Eminem" Mathers was sitting. My eyes locked on Eminem's through the window. His attention was captured by a fan girl rubbing her hand up his arm. I could tell he was trying not to pull away.

I looked back over to Nathan. "Well who said anything about me being "normal"?" Yes I used the air quotes. "I'll be honest. I had no idea that Chester here knew you. Although, I do remember something about him growing up in Detroit." Chester who was silent through this conversation finally spoke up. "Oh man look at the time. Nate we gotta meet up with some friends." My face scrunched up in confusion. Chester seems nervous although I'm not sure why. They did the man hug handshake thing. I turned to follow Chester as he walked away. I turned back around. "Nice meeting you, Nathan." He turned back to me. "Like wise Ms. Asia." We then parted ways.

~Graduation~

I looked around at the matching gowns we all were wearing. I remember starting school. Mom, Myk, Lenny, Marnie and Richard all helped me move into my dorm. I was so excited. My major was law. I just knew I wanted to be a lawyer just like my mom. Sadly after the first couple of months I realized that I just didn't have the passion for it. After a long three way talk on the phone with Mom and Myk I came to find I have a thing for fashion.