Chapter 9 (unedited)

I got the grand tour. He showed me every inch of the house. Well except for the girls room. Stating that if they ever want to show it to me then that’s there right. He wont betray their trust like that. He did show me his room though. One word, huge! The bed is on the far left wall, with a mini sitting area in front of the TV, on the far right wall. I can see the double doors leading to a balcony. I step into the room. I could see a huge walk in closet next to the TV and the bathroom must be on the same side as the bed. I opened the doors to the balcony once I reached them. 

The view from here is spectacular. Is there any better art than nature? I turned to tell Marshall how beautiful his house was but he was standing just a breath away from me. My breath caught in my throat as I instinctively took a step back. His arms trap my waist again effectively stopping my movements. I swallowed hard at the proximity of his lips to mine. “Marshall.” It came out in a whispered moan. Before I could continue his lips were on mine. My arms encircled his neck pulling me even closer to him. I didn’t realize that he was backing me up until my back hit the cold marble. 

He kissed me like our lives depended on it. I could faintly hear something ringing in the back ground. Reluctantly he pulled away only then did I notice that it was the phone causing the sound. He went over and answered it. I could see him visibly sigh. He hung the phone up and walked back to me. “I have to take this in the studio. It will be awhile. Make your self at home.” With that he was gone. 

I made my way back to the living room. Found my laptop sitting next to my suitcase. I set up shop on the coffee table. I took my phone out of my pocket and saw that I had about fifty missed calls and numerous messages. With a sigh I began with the messages. I knew that this would be a long day of work.

Later that day I was sitting on the living room floor still checking my email. Chester and Nathan had ran off to who knows where, leaving the house completely quite. Last I saw Marshall, he had work to do in his studio. I could hear a beat faintly floating through the house. My head had been nodding along to the sound for a while now. When suddenly it stopped. I could hear footsteps approaching. I already knew who it was so I didn’t turn to check when I heard him walk into the room. 

“Hey. How’s it going?” He asked as he sat next to me but he was on the couch. “Tiresome. I just wish these emails would stop for like a half hour.” My stomach took that time to speak up. Now that I think about it I hadn’t had a thing to eat all day. Up and out the door, plane ride, car ride, house tour, and then work. Yeah, no food in their at all. Marshall chuckled. “According to your stomach you’re hungry. You want to go out somewhere.” My eyes grew to the size of saucers as I shook my head. “Someone might see. I thought we agreed to keep this a secret.” He nodded in agreement. Then his face went straight to thoughtful. “We’ll order in then. What would you like?” I thought for a moment. Like I needed to. “Pizza!” I sing-song.

Marshall jumped up from his seat with laughter. “I’ll order you finish up what your doing. When the pizza gets here you take a break.” He yelled at the end due to already being out of the room. Luckily I was just about done with my emails.

I heard the door bell as I was opening my last email. It was from GG telling me how well everything as going with the school. They should start enrolling next month at the latest. I noticed that I was only CC’d on the email that it was sent to Myk. Myk hasn’t returned anyone’s calls or emails since she left. I hope everything is okay with her. I just pray she just needs time to heal and something horrible hasn’t happened to her. I shook physically shook my head. I have to stop those thoughts. They enter into my mind every time I think about not talking to her. I sent a short reply to GG and powered down the laptop.

“Ready?” I looked over at Marshall and nodded in answer. I got up from the floor and stretched. Too many hours on the floor is not good for my body. It was then I noticed that it was dark out. Wow, when I’m working nothing seems to get into that bubble.