Chapter 3

Peoplepie (love the name) Thanks for reading the first story. This chapter is dedicated to you!

I have been staring at this same blank screen for the last hour. Sitting hear in my at home office which doubles as my bedroom. Staring at my bed brings back the reoccurring day dream I had about Marshall. I just cant think straight. I don’t know what it is. I close my eyes in frustration. I’m met with the same face as usual. Marshall Bruce Mathers III. It has been a while since I’ve seen him. Why am I thinking of him when I know he’s not thinking of me. Right? 

Being around the Mathers brothers was insane. They crack jokes via improv rap. I loved it. Being in there presence was definitely a gift. I was so depressed after they left me. Ugh, this isn’t helping me with my assignment.

I heave a sigh as I get up from my desk. I picked the phone up from its deck on my night stand next to the bed. I always call Myk when I have writers block. This week’s assignment is ‘How to tell if that dress is just not that in to you.’ Seriously, this is my thing. I love dressing people or making something out of nothing. Aunt Doris taught me how to sew when I was ten. I mastered the art of sewing in high school. I even made me and Myk’s prom dresses.

“Hey Pooh Bear. How’s it going?” The thickness in her tone made my brow furrow. Stopping my statement in its track. “Mykaela Unique Washington, have you been crying?” That only caused her to cry out loud. “Richard left me, Asia! He doesn’t love me any more.” I was out the door in two seconds. I had my phone, my keys and my purse. “I’m on my way.” I locked the door on my way out and tore out of my drive way like a bat out of hell.

Luckily I have a radar in my car so no tickets. I know I was driving well over the limit.  Finally I pull up in front of her house. I cut the engine at the same time I swing my door open. I’m grabbing my things with my legs hanging out of the car. Like seriously my bottom half is moving faster than my top half. 

Once I’m out of the car I notice that the front double doors are open. The feeling of ice water stings my veins at the sight. I’m up the fifteen stairs before my mind registers what happen. I didn’t have to search the house looking for her. She’s sitting right in the sparsely decorated hallway. As if this is the spot she dropped in. 

“Pooh Bear?” She doesn’t even react to my voice. Just staring holes into the floor clutching the phone in her hand. I kneel down beside her and put my hand on her shoulder. “Mykaela?” Finally she looks over to me. The tears in her eyes break my heart into so many pieces. “What happened? Where’s Richard?” The phone hit’s the floor as she bursts into tears holding me for dear life. I have never seen her this upset.

She took a great deep breath. “He left me for Evan.” I really was not expecting that. “Richard left you, to be with your yoga instructor?” She nods her head. “Get up right now.” I dragged her up from her spot and toward the kitchen. 

I sat her at the bar. Got my phone out of my purse and press my 1 speed dial. “Who you c-calling?” Without even looking at her. “Mom, I’m over at Pooh Bear’s house. Richard left her. He wants a divorce.” I paused for a moment to let her process this. “I will be there as soon as I can. Don’t leave her alone. Try to get her to leave the house and make sure she eats something.” Mom instructed swiftly. I know she’s at work but I still had to call. 

I turned back to Mykaela as I ended the call. “Mom will be here as soon as she can. Mean while we are going to the 7-11 up the block. Lets go.” With no fight at all she got in the car. I had to know what happened. I know the car is not the right place. My question would definitely set her off. 

“I don’t want to get out. I’ll wait in the car.” My head is shaking before she could even finish. “You are going to get out of this car right now. Come on get some comfort food. We can watch movies and stay in the house for the rest of the day. However, you are getting out of this car now.” With a sigh she popped open her door.