Chapter 26 (unedited)

Marshall's P.O.V.

Christmas morning has always been a major event in our house since my pride and joy was born. When she was younger we would celebrate her birthday before we opened presents. As she got older we had to change that. Patients is not a virtue of hers in that department.

I finish up breakfast as everyone makes there way down. Sure way to get the family up, bacon. Along with pancakes, eggs and hash browns. I sat down at the table as everyone started to eat. I look around to notice that Asia isn't here. I guess Lenny notices me and speaks. "I guess she's still asleep. I knocked but didn't get an answer from her room."

Scooting my chair back I move away from the table. As I approach my bedroom I can hear Asia in the bathroom. Shit! I completely forgot about her and breakfast. I pick up my pace to a light jog. I push open the doors to the room and ran right into the bathroom. There she is on her knees with her face practically in the toilet. One hand cradling her stomach with the other is unsuccessfully holding her hair back. Once I reached her rub her back soothingly and take over hair duty.

After another minute she pulls back wiping at her mouth. Holding out my hand to offer help I say. "I'm so sorry Asia. I forgot about the babies disliking breakfast." She just smiles as she takes my offered hand. Once up right she heads out of my bathroom so I trail right behind her. I can hear her breathing out of her mouth as she heads to her room. No doubt for her toothbrush.

After settling Asia in for a nap I go back downstairs. Everyone is just about done with breakfast so I just began cleaning up the mess I made. Loading all the dishes into the dish washer.

I cleaned everything to my satisfaction and headed into the living room with the rest of the family. "Finally! Can we open the presents now?!" I nod at an overly excited Whitney. The girls are tearing through all of the presents. Giggling, squealing, thank yous are heard for the next hour. Every year I go over board with the presents and this year is no different.

Asia finally comes down once the girls have opened the gifts. She's holding more gifts. Out of the corner of my eye I see Whitney's face light up. "Who are those for?!" We all burst with laughter.

ASIA'S P.O.V.

I cant lay in this bed any longer. Even though my body is telling me 'yes you can'. It's Christmas and I know everyone is opening their gifts. I cant miss out on my first Christmas with Marshall. Slowly I roll out of bed, went to my suit case to grab the gifts. I already showered and put on my light blue maxi dress. I throw on a pair of matching socks. Got to keep the feet warm at all times. I have been very fortunate not to get sick.

As I descend the stairs I hear nothing but happy sounds. The girls giggling and the boys chuckling. When I step into the room I see the girls sitting in front of the appropriate decorated tree. I began to walk towards them when I lock eyes on Whitney's wide ones. "Who are those for?!" At her question the entire room erupts in laughter.

I shake my head and proceed closer. Once I could talk again I respond to her question. "I have one for each of you." I hand each of the girls a box then turn to the guys. I give one to each of the guys. Nathan seems surprised. "Chester helped me pick it out. He said you would know." He frowns slightly but opens the present.

Sitting down on the couch next to Lenny I turn my attention back to the girls. Lanie and Hailie's opens their gift then their jaws drop at the same time. "I hope that's a good sign." I say hesitantly. They both look over to me with matching smiles. Then they are up coming toward me quickly so I stand with Lenny's help of course. Once they reach me they hug me tightly. Well as tight as anyone can hug around a belly like mine. "Thank you!" They both say and go over to show Marshall.