Chapter 6

ASIA’S P.O.V.

We spent months in and out of the court room. Richard was fighting so hard to get the money. Myk never not one time broke down about the situation. I knew better though. I knew this was eating her up inside. She had loved Richard with all her heart and soul. I still remember how excited she was to be his fiancé. Eventually the court ruled in Myk’s favor due to the prenup. I always knew my sister was smart. She is a woman of many talents.

I have also been hesitantly keeping in contact with Marshall through this time. It suited him just fine because he has something’s in the works right now. Keeping him super busy. Sometimes we didn’t talk for weeks on end. I miss him so much. When we did finally talk he talks about music and I always talk about helping my sister through a tough time. He understood the need to help family. He never asked what was going on with her and I never offered. I never asked for details about his work either. We both knew, without saying it, that no details would be spoken on either.

“Pooh Bear, I want to make sure the family is taken care of before I leave.” I slowly pivoted until I was staring her in the eyes. Mom, Myk, Aunt CoCo, and me have been in North Park Mall all morning. Not really looking for anything just enjoying the time out. Its not everyday that Aunt CoCo visits. 

“Where in the hell are you going?” She shook her head slightly trying to ward of the tears in her eyes. Taking a seat on the bench next to the changing rooms she looked up at me. “I don’t want to be in Texas any more. I just want to be away from everything that reminds me of Richard. Please don’t argue with me on this. I need this.” I nodded my head. “Okay. What do you want to do?” “Lets find Mom and Aunt CoCo. We can all talk about it over lunch.”

We decided to head across the street to the Cheese Cake Factory. “Well Kaela, what is this all about?” Mom asked as soon as the waitress left with our orders. 

“Well I’m leaving.” Pausing for moms reaction. When none came right away she continued. “I need to get away. I have decided to go to Anaheim. Marnie set up an appointment with a realtor friend. It’s in three weeks which is about the time I‘m leaving.” She made sure to make eye contact with the three of us. No one said a thing while she spoke. “I have spoken to my banker and she sat aside some money for the family.” Mom started to protest at that and Myk put her hand up to stop her. “Don’t say it Mom. Its already done. I have cashier checks for everyone. I’m having a going away party so I can say goodbye. Aunt CoCo please hang around until after the party please.” Aunt CoCo nodded her head quickly as if it was not question that she would stay.

The food was then delivered to the table. The conversation died for that moment. “Well Pooh Bear it sounds like you have this all figured out. As long as I get to visit every once in a while I’m okay with it.” I gave her a reassuring smile as I grabbed her hand  across the table. Mom spoke up next. “Well Mykaela, you are a grown woman and can do as you please. I will miss you terribly. Although, I understand and support your decision. I wish you would reconsider and stay here near family.” Mom grabbed her other hand. Myk smiled and gently squeezed our hands. “We have family there as well. Not as if I will be alone there. I promise to visit.”

After the marathon shopping spree I headed to work. I was done with my article for the month  but I still have a job at Everyday Wear. I could tell from the parking lot that it was busy. It has been this way since Rihanna gave the store the plug on the radio. 

As I walked in I could see that not many items were on the shelves. “Asia! Get over here to a register.” I looked up to see a very overwhelmed looking Susie. I ran over and began to assist checking customers out. We had mostly everyone checked in fifteen minutes. Everyone else were still looking around.