Chapter 11(unedited)

Asia’s P.O.V.

“Family meeting by the pool!” Myk projected throughout her house. 

I already know what this is going to be about. After the shopping spree yesterday Lenny and I checked out of the hotel, once threatened, then made our way to Myk’s house. Myk excused herself early stating she had things to handle in the morning. Lenny and I decided to watch TV. While surfing through the channels E News caught our attention. Pictures of them hanging out in public graced the TV.

When I saw the picture of them at the Porsche dealership I ran to the garage with Lenny hot on my heels. I gasped when I saw it. The most beautiful car ever. I cant help but wonder did he really buy her the car. Does he know about the lottery?

The sound of Myk’s voice brought me back to the present. “First off thank you all for coming. This past year has been difficult.” She took a moment to keep her composure. Instinctively Lenny and I moved toward her. We both took a hand and intertwined them with our own as she continued. “As most of you know I have been spotted out with Curtis A.K.A. Fifty Cent. He is planning to make an appearance here today. Please, I beg of you all don’t embarrass me.” 

Some murmured there agreement as others just nodded. Myk adjourned the meeting and everyone went back to what they were doing. Once we release her hands she flutters back into the house. She had been running around making sure everything is perfect. I, on the other hand, have been sitting next to the pool all day. Thank goodness I opted out of the sun dress and put my bikini on instead. Very new of course straight from Victoria’s Secret. Sexy yet appropriate for company. 

I swam for about an hour then went into the house searching for food. If you haven’t realized by now I am not one of those salad eating girls. I love my food. I exercise though to keep it together. 

I migrated to the dining room where the cousins my age are sitting around eating and gossiping. I cant stand the gossip so I head back into the kitchen. On the way there Myk crosses my path. So I decide to stop her and ask the question that has been bugging me. “So Pooh Bear, is it true that your dating 50 Cent?” Myk sighed but flashed a smile. Her eyes diverted to something behind me. I turned to see the other girls horning in on our conversation. “We are not dating. We’re just friends. You cant believe everything you see on television.” 

There was a knock at the garage door as she finished. The look in her eyes let me know who it was. After seeing E News last night I knew who would be with Curtis. People in the house must have heard the knocks to because they were telling everyone else to come into the house. I escaped to the back yard. I wasn’t really sure how this would be played off.

I made sure to sit in a seat where I could see the house. I knew the moment they stepped into the house everyone got somewhat excited but stayed put. I was so anxious at this point I couldn’t even eat. That is saying something for me. The flash of light caught my eyes. I got up from my place and ventured into the house. Curtis, as Myk had been drilling in me all day, ran over to close the curtains. He turned to someone on the stairs. “I got it, just take care of upstairs.” Someone ran up the stairs quickly.

Seeing as everything seemed to be under control I turned to head back outside. No one saw me come in anyway. I stood toward the back of the house while everyone else had shuffled forward. My breath caught in my throat as I turned right into Marshall. The smile playing at his lips made me want to kiss him on the spot. I took a step back instantly. “Sorry, didn’t see you there.” I smiled. I want to call it a chuckle but whatever it was, was sexy as hell.

I was just about to step around him when a loud thump resounded from upstairs. “What the hell was that?” I whispered to no one in particular. Everything after that happened quickly. Curtis and Lenny shot up the stairs together. With Marshall, me and his crew following behind. When we got to Myk’s room Curtis was yelling, at the bathroom door, for Myk to open the door. Why would she lock the door? She really isn’t that type of person. She could be walking around in her underwear and still wouldn’t lock the door.

Then the sound of her screaming bloody murder pierced what little peace was in the house. Curtis then went nuts. He pulled back a few steps and ran for the door. Door versus Curtis ‘Fifty Cent’ Jackson, no contest. Door loses every time. The door shattered in a lot of pieces. 

At first I could only hear. Skin making contact with skin. Words flying that I wont repeat. Lets just say every truck stop word is used. Dre finally got into the bathroom and settled everyone down. He dragged a mans body out of the bathroom. He was so bloody and lifeless. Images of Susie filled my mind. I tried to shake them away as I closed my eyes warding off the panicked felling. 

I heard a gasp behind me. I turned to see mom with horror filled eyes. “That’s Richard.” The panic was instantly replaced with rage. Filling every fiber of my being until Lenny called out to me. “Asia get in here! She doesn’t have a pulse!” My head whipped around to see a very wet and life less Myk on the bathroom floor. “Oh my gosh!” I hurried to them. 

We both started to perform CPR. In my head I kept thanking God for having Lenny make me learn CPR. Felt like hours had passed by before Lenny breathed a sigh of relief. “She has a pulse. SOMEONE CALL 911 NOW!”

Lenny made sure her pulse stayed steady until the ambulance got there. I held her hand to my lips, begging her to come back to us. The tears falling endlessly. Curtis took a knee next to her head repeating. “I’m so sorry babe.” He sounded so heart broken. 

Lenny and Curtis took Myk’s car to the hospital. Mom was the only person allowed in the ambulance. I stayed behind to make sure that everyone had a place to sleep. Most went home with family that lived in the area while everyone else went to their hotels. The police shut down the house for an investigation. Richard was arrested but had to be taken to the hospital for how badly he was beaten. Deserved every bit of it if you ask me. 

I got a heart broken call about two hours later. Myk had slipped into a coma. Doctors had no idea how long she could be under. We just had to sit around and wait.

Lenny and I stayed as long as we could before we had to leave. The school was opening soon and Myk would kill me if mom nor I attended the grand opening. So a week after the incident we flew back to Texas. One of the most emotional things I have done in my twenty nine years.