Chapter 4

Finally we pulled in front of my house. “Thanks for the ride Marshall I really appreciate it.” He smiled faintly at me. “No problem. I like kickin it with you.” I returned the smile to him. “Like wise.” I opened the door and step out in the fresh air. I was at the door when I remembered that I gave Lenny my keys. Shit. I heard the power window before I heard his voice. “Everything ight?” I shook my head as I turned to face him. “Lenny has both sets of keys.” He nodded his head in understanding. “What time he get off? I could wait wit chu.” “Not till morning probably. The hospital has him working crazy hours.” I sighed out. He nodded in understanding pursing his lips in thought. “You can come with me. I can bring you back in the morning or Lenny can get you from my hotel.” A smile covered my face instantly. “Cool. I’ll text Lenny to get me from your hotel then.”

The limo pulls up to the W Hotel. The same hotel as Rihanna. Luckily there is no one in the lobby. His suite is just as immaculate as the one Rihanna is in. Floor to ceiling windows with a balcony. A medium sized kitchen with stainless steel appliances. Black, white and gray tile made the white cabinets pop. Everything just flowed together. The living room was a pristine white. Why anyone would go with white for a hotel I don’t know. That has to get dirty really quickly. Never the less it was just beautiful. 

“Would you like something to drink?” I nodded as I answered. “Water please.” He made a face. As if he couldn’t believe that I didn’t ask for liquor. “What was with the look?” He made a sound that sounded like a snort. “Most girls want the hard stuff. Get drunk and fuck me.” I shook my head as my brows scrunched up in disapproval. “Not me. I don’t aspire to be a notch on any guys belt. Not to say that I haven’t had sex. I just don’t go around giving out my goods to everyone.” 

He handed me the water and motioned for me to sit on the couch. I took both as it was offered and he sat on the cushion next to me. I opened the water and took a sip. “Good to know. So I thought you worked for a magazine.” “I do but I also work at Everyday Wear. Fashion is my passion.” He gives me this curious look as I laugh. “I’m a poet and I didn’t know it.” Said more to myself than him. 

I could see him staring out of my peripheral. “Why are you looking at me like that.” “I don’t know. Just…..something about you. Did you know that you get this twinkle in your eye when you talk about fashion.” He smiled and sat his, half empty, water bottle down. “The same look you got when you talked about your sister the last time I saw you.” Yeah I had to smile at that which he noticed. “Well aren’t you observant.” He shrugged lightly before responding. “No more than you I guess.” 

He paused there for a moment. “You’re single?” I nod in answer. Conversation just took a turn. I smile as I see the wheels turning. “How long?” “About eight years now.” His brows shot up in surprise as he mouthed ‘wow’. “Why so long?” My shoulders rose then fell nonchalantly. “Too busy. Right out of college I jump into work. Never really thought about it.” He just nods in understanding. “What about you?” I teased lightly. “Haven’t been interested in anyone. Till now.” The latter was said lowly but I still heard. 

Before I can speak on it Marshall speaks up. “Movie?” Effectively distracting me. I thought for a moment, knowing me I would probably be asleep in a moment. “Sure, why not?” I yawned out. I heard his light chuckle as the TV came on. I didn’t watch much of what ever movie was on. I fell asleep instantly forgetting to text or call Lenny.

I could feel a hand gliding into my hair. I was awake but I hadn’t opened my eyes. I wasn’t sure if it was morning yet. The room still felt dark. I wished I could go back to sleep. I was having the most wonderful dream a girl could ever have. I got to spend the evening with Eminem. I sighed in content as the hand, in my hair, caused goose bumps to spread down my back. I wound my arm around his torso pulling myself closer to him breathing in his old spice smell. 

Then I felt the softest lips on my forehand. Oh my, that wasn’t a dream? I peaked through my lashes right into his face. A smile broke out on my face. I tucked my head back down. “Morning.” I breathed into the crook of his neck. He cleared his throat before he spoke. “Morning.” Deep and husky from sleep. The sexiest sound on earth coming from him. Whoa, Asia calm down the hormones! 

Music started to play from somewhere close by. “Um, I think its your phone.” His voice coming out a little more normal than before. I sat up pulling myself out of his embrace and reached for the phone on the coffee table. The caller ID read Pooh Bear so answered without hesitation. She was in hysterics when I answered the phone. I can only assume this has something to do with Richard. “CALM DOWN!” Seriously I say this at the top of my lungs. Man when she gets worked up sometimes. A masculine hand rubs soothing circles on my back. Instantly relaxing my body and calming me down. I hear Myk take a calming breath. “I just won Three Hundred Seventy Million dollars in the lottery!”

That caused me to sit up straighter. I shook my head slightly and blinked my eyes. As if my eyes couldn’t comprehend what I heard. No way I heard that right. I clear my throat. “Pooh Bear, say that again.” She repeated herself and I shot up off the couch. “Oh my gosh I cant believe this! I told you so.” Of course, I point at no one at the end of the statement.

I couldn’t help myself either I began jumping up and down. Pacing the entire length of the living room. I must really look like a school girl doing this. Luckily I am not wearing the heels from last night. I turned around to see an amused Marshall staring at me. I sobered up really quickly. “Um, I have company let me call you back in a moment. Better yet I will see you in about an hour. Bye.” Without waiting for a response I hung up the phone. 

I couldn’t pull my eyes away from his gorgeous face. There he is sitting up right on the very couch I was just on. He chuckled lightly at the situation. “Um that was my sister. She had some really good news.” I still haven’t taken my eyes away from him. He smiled shortly. “I can tell. Are you done eye fucking me?” I nodded a little, throwing my eyes across the room, trying desperately to stop the blush creeping on to my face. Blush? When the hell did I start that?

I checked the clock on my phone. Wonder if Lenny has gotten off of work. “I can have my driver drop you off. If you want.” “Thanks that would be great actually. Um, bathroom?” He pointed me in the right direction. 

Marshall P.O.V.

I couldn’t help watching Asia walk away. Damn that ass. She is so damn short. I love it though. She’s like five four or five five.  She felt right in my arms. Wonder what them lips tastes like. I stared at them long enough this morning. Should have just kissed them any way. Not like she would have complained. Last night was a first for me. Spending a night with a girl and not gettin some. I just shook my head to dislodge that thought.

I picked up the phone and called my driver Charlie. “Mr. Mathers, what can I do for you this morning?” “My friend needs a ride. Not sure where she’s going.” “Sure thing Mr. Mathers. I’m downstairs already. Um, you should know that birds are every where.” I sighed dramatically. Paparazzi. “Okay. I will send her down alone.”

At that moment Asia stepped back into the room. Looking fresh faced. No make up suits her just fine. She smirked at me openly checking her out. “I called my driver Charlie. He’s downstairs waiting for you.” She nodded her head and moved toward her shoes. Slipping them on her lovely feet. She went to walk around me but I stopped her. “I really had a good time with you.” She gave me that heart attacking smile. I had to bite my lip. I don’t have words for the beauty radiating off of her. “Me too. We should do it again some time.” She reached in a back pocket pulling out her phone. Did she expect for me to give her my number. Not happening.

She pulled a card out of the back of her phone case. I took it from her taken aback a little. That smile got wider. “You thought I wanted you to give me your number, huh?” She laughed lightly. “Well my boss made these phone covers to include a slot on the back for business cards.” She slipped the phone back in her pocket. 

I trailed behind her to the door. I’m a hairs breath away when she turned around. I heard the sharp intake of breath. I smirked at the reaction. I can tell she wants to kiss me. No eye contact at all. Hers are fixed on my lips. My smirk widened. That brought her eyes up to mine. “We’re gonna keep this a secret, right? I would like to stay out of the spot light.” I gave her a ghostly smile and nodded. I reached behind her and opened the door. I took a few steps back to let her out. “Bye Asia. See you soon.” She waves a hand over her shoulder walking quickly to the elevator.