Chapter 1

Kuroo remained speechless momentarily, as if he was trying to formulate a sentence, but in all reality he didn't have anything to say in the first place.

"Do you not remember me? Whoops, my name is (l/n)(f/n)." You said with a smile. But, Kuroo still looked very confused.

"I do, but what are you doing in a class full of sophomores in college?" He asked, sounding very puzzled. You smiled at him, with that angelic smile you still kept to this day.

"You see, I already did most of my college credits for my first year, so technically I'm a freshman, but in all sophomore classes that have my same pre-requisites " You said softly, watching as the lab teacher moved to the front of the room.

"It's so good to see you." He finally said, stumbling over his words.

"The same to you." You said, before the professor then began explaining the directions for labs, and the basics of Bioorganic Chemistry.

You were paying attention contently, while Kuroo was trying to get his act together. He knew you were smart, but not this smart. And since basically everyone in the Bioorganic Chemistry class were following the same pre-requisites , he knew he might just see you in another class.

To add onto that, you smelt heavenly, and if possible, you had gotten that much more attractive than a year ago. Like he was stumped, you must have been part angel or something. He felt uncertain about every move he made, did he smell bad? Did his arms look good in this shirt? He decided he probably should have worn a tighter shirt since college volleyball had done wonders for his arms and chest.

The smug looking male always had a smart ass comment he'd hand you back, but he was completely wordless. And you were one of the only people to make him that way.

The professor continued talking for another ten minutes, before he released the class early, since it was only an introduction period.

"So Kuroo, how have you been? It's been a long time." You said with a smile as you stood up from your seat, looking at him with bright eyes.

Kuroo ran his fingers through his hair, before smiling back at you. "I've been good, how about you? Are you still with your boyfriend?" He asked, before biting his tongue. He sounded a little too eager for that question, but he impatiently waited for your answer.

"I've been great. And actually we just broke up like two months ago? We decided we'd set our sights on college and if we ended up back together, then so be it." You said with a smile as he then followed you out of the lab.

Kuroo did his best to keep his usual expression, but he could feel his heart racing. You were single. You were free to be his. Whoever said you can stop loving somebody lied. Maybe you can stop loving them as much as you did before, or, well he hoped he could get you to fall for him again.

"That's good. For you two I mean." He said with a small smile, you looked up at him, before raising an eyebrow. "Is something up? You've been acting quite strange since I first said hi to you." You said, continuing to walk down the corridor of the university, before taking a turn out into the open air.

"Actually you never said hi, you said hey." Kuroo said with a smile playing on his lips, he needed to save his butt with his usually snarky replies. "Ohoho you're going to play that game?" You said, as he looked down on you, a grin spreading onto his face.

The aching, burning, loving, stupid feeling was back in his chest.

"I see you stole Bokuto's and I's word." He gave you a playful smirk as you rolled your eyes. "Don't get too full of yourself, it's been in my vocabulary since before I met you." You said matter-of-a-factly. He just shook his head, laughing as he tucked his hands in his pockets, walking alongside you.